20

A new chapter! I can't believe the previous chapter was published a little less than a year ago, goodness 🥲

I'm sorry for taking so long and thank you for your patience! I'll keep editing this story and while a new chapter might not come as soon as you would want, I promise I'm not giving up on this story! I hope you guys enjoy this!

I thought the outside air would do me some good, the sun was pretty and warm, but it did nothing to ease my heart.

I keep trying to convince myself that not being so cuddly with the three humans is the right thing to do, but every time I do, it only spurs more tears to form in my eyes until I can't see where I'm going at all.

I don't want to, I really don't want to do that. I love hugging them, I love having their scents hugging my skin, I love feeling their warmth, there's nothing wrong with that, is there?

They're mine, my pack, my soulmates, aren't they?

I want to stop there, to assure myself that I have nothing to change, they all said that it wasn't my fault but then my brain keeps remembering what was said about how I'm doing things to get the special treatment.

This has to be it, right? Because I'm too cuddly? I hug them too much?

We're in the center to recover from our past, to learn for the future, they're responsible of our recovery but I'm treating them like regular pack members, that's got to be annoying for the others, I get it, I really do.

So what is the right thing to do?

The three humans would be sad if I were to put distance between us, right? But maybe it is a good thing that I do even if it's hard. They did say that we would have to wait until we make it out of here to fully experience what it really is to be a soulmate group, have we been doing more than what is allowed here?

Too lost in my overwhelming sadness, sobs leaving me as I keep walking, I don't hear nor smell anyone nearby until I bump into a body, sweetness reaching my nose and making me look up with teary eyes.

I don't recognize this person, I've never seen her during my stay here so far but her scent is so comforting that my first reflex is to hug her, soul needing some warmth and reassurance, it's stronger than me.

"Oh? What is such a pretty girl like you doing crying out here all alone, hm?" I hear a low feminine voice coo as arms wrap around me, just what I needed and I let myself get lost in her gentleness, how could I ever put a distance between myself and those I love when I always feel better with physical warmth? It's too hard.

I sniffle, head hiding against her soft chest and she hums, a hand patting my back while she slides a finger under my chin to make me look up at her.

"How about we get you inside and I give you some tea, sweetie? Then you can tell me what's the problem and how you got here, how does that sound?" she asks and I nod my head, chin quivering as I try to resist more tears, maybe she'll know what the right thing to do is?

She takes my hand in hers with a kind smile then leads the way towards a large building that looks similar to the one I came from, except that this one is a lot smaller, I wonder what it's used for? Why is she taking me here?

She pushes the front doors open and takes us inside what looks like a huge maze with rows of smaller doors one next to the other. Seeing my confusion, the woman smiles and points at them.

"These are lockers, they're used to store belongings that you don't need while you're in class. You're starting school tomorrow, right? This is where you'll be coming to learn, there will be one locker assigned to you but don't worry, everything will be explained again then so don't tire your pretty head just now. Come, let's get in here and then you can sit on the couch while I boil some water, okay?".