22 - Tired and Sick

Abby's POV...

Anthony and I together with Pop are currently playing word scrabble when I suddenly received a phone call from Angelo. It was only yesterday when I went to the company to sign the papers in Gorio's office. So I wondered why he was calling. Gorio didn't come home here again last night which made Pop a bit suspicious as why he always has a reason not to stay here.

"H-hello?" I answered as I place my phone over my ears.

"Mrs. Salvador, this is Angelo." He started and his voice was quite anxious. "I wanted to ask if you know where Sir Greg is because he didn't come to work yet and he's not answering my calls. I do have some papers that needs urgent signatures from him and I cannot contact him."

"Oh." I blurted out. "I...uhm...actually don't know. He didn't come home here last night."

My last sentence made Pop and Anthony look at me, curious as to who actually called me.

"I understand, Mrs. Salvador. I thought that maybe he did because he actually had fever yesterday afternoon after you left. So I assumed he was back there resting and wanted to know if I can just send the papers there for his signature." Angelo said and sighed.

"He's sick?" I asked, my heart was immediately worried upon hearing that.

"Yes, ma'am." Angelo replied.

"Okay. I will call you once I get in touch with him. And if you are able to reach him, please call me back." I said right away.

"Yes, ma'am." He replied.

"Thanks." I said and ended the call. I immediately stood up and walked towards the stairs when I remembered that I wasn't alone. So I turned around to look at their questioning faces. "I need to go. Gorio's sick."

Pop immediately smiled back at me and Anthony just nodded. So I hurriedly went upstairs and prepared myself to go out. As soon as I got into my car, I stared at the bag that Anthony gave me before I went out. It was a first aid kit with medicines for fever, cough and colds. Somehow, I felt guilty for I know now how he feels about me. He told me why Gorio and him ended their friendship and it was because of his feelings for me. I sighed and closed my eyes. Nevertheless, I have to find him first before something bad happens to him again.

Where could you be? I thought and started the car. I sighed as I drive away from the mansion.

*****

Hi, everyone! I have some exciting news! Well, it's surely exciting for me though.

My Happily Ever After is now on Dreame. You can still read the complete story for FREE by downloading the Dreame App (which is also for FREE in Google Play Store or Apple Store).

Here are the links:

https://www.dreame.com/novel/AmNWmDO6wes098YDk5Z5Zw%3D%3D.html

or

https://www.dreame.com/chapter/AwKGIHEUx5qLy%2BRU5rPVMw%3D%3D.html

In case those links won't work, go to the Dreame App and search for me. My username is @geeem27. You can also try searching via the title of my book which is: My Happily Ever After.

I hope y'all will continue to support me. I still have a lot of stories to tell. Thank you very much.

In any case, for more questions and inquiries...you can always message me here in Wattpad for more information.

Love Lots,

Gee