23 - He's Changed

Abby's POV...

I woke up feeling so tired and weak. My muscles are aching all over. I didn't really mean to get soaked in the rain yesterday. It was only because I wanted to find the necklace that Gorio gave me during my 16th birthday. We had a marathon drill for our PE class and I accidentally lost it. However, even I stayed there in the grounds looking for it till it rained all afternoon, I still didn't find it.

I slowly looked around and saw that I was already in my room. I don't remember much after Emilia dragged me back to the mansion scolding me for staying in the rain for a very long time. And I cannot even tell her that I was looking for my necklace because she'll definitely tease me about having feelings for Gorio. And I don't like that. It's been months since that day when I promised myself that I will no longer like him after what he said when we kissed.

"Señorita?" Carmela worriedly blurted out when she saw me woke up. She immediately went to my side. "Oh, thank goodness you're okay now."

She was about to say something again when someone suddenly entered my room. And his eyes widened when he saw me looking at him. He hurriedly went to my side and placed his palm on my forehead, feeling my temperature.

"You still have slight fever. How are you feeling? Are you alright? Do you need anything?" He asked right away while looking at me worriedly.

My heart was filled with warmth as I heard those questions. Though I have been avoiding him for months now, seeing him care for me this much, still ignites some hope in me that maybe he likes me too.

"G-gorio." I said softly, my voice dry.

"Yes. It's me. Do you need anything?" He asked anxiously once more before holding my hand. "Do you want anything?"

"Geez. Gorio. You act like she's having a life and death illness." Carmela teased as she chuckled reminding us of her presence which somehow I forgot upon seeing Gorio. "You know, señorita. Gorio never left your side since you went unconscious and had high fever yesterday. He did not even sleep just to take care of you."

I slightly blushed upon hearing that from Carmela and turned towards Gorio who's now a bit embarrassed of Carmela's teasing.

"Okay. You both stay here. I'll go get some porridge for you. You must be famished." Carmele said and giggled before going out of my room.

"Thank you." I said with a small smile and he blushed. I inwardly grinned because of his reaction. "You shouldn't have bothered."

"It was nothing." Gorio answered and there was an awkward silence afterwards.

He just sat silently and still looked at me intently while sitting on the chair beside my bed.

"Why did you have to stay under the rain for a long time?" Gorio asked suddenly and I immediately felt bad for losing the necklace he gave me. "Emilia told me you didn't want to leave the school grounds and that she even needed to drag you home."

I was silent. I don't even know what to say.

"You should always take care of yourself, princess. You getting sick makes everyone here worried. Making me worried as hell." He scolded softly, his lips pouting as he said that.

He's worried as hell? I mentally smiled.

"Sorry, Gorio." I said afterwards and looked away, I felt like crying.

"W-why are you saying sorry?" He asked, his face confused.

"I...I lost it." I answered and swallowed the lump on my throat.

*****

Hi, everyone! I have some exciting news! Well, it's surely exciting for me though.

My Happily Ever After is now on Dreame. You can still read the complete story for FREE by downloading the Dreame App (which is also for FREE in Google Play Store or Apple Store).

Here are the links:

https://www.dreame.com/novel/AmNWmDO6wes098YDk5Z5Zw%3D%3D.html

or

https://www.dreame.com/chapter/AwKGIHEUx5qLy%2BRU5rPVMw%3D%3D.html

In case those links won't work, go to the Dreame App and search for me. My username is @geeem27. You can also try searching via the title of my book which is: My Happily Ever After.

I hope y'all will continue to support me. I still have a lot of stories to tell. Thank you very much.

In any case, for more questions and inquiries...you can always message me here in Wattpad for more information.

Love Lots,

Gee