30 - Healing

3 months later

Abby's POV...

I was just laying down near the creek, trying to take a nap on the blanket I secretly got from Carmela's storage when I heard someone clear their throat a few steps away from me. I already knew who he is and It was a fine Sunday morning. I am very sure I didn't want someone annoying around me right now.

"Happy birthday, Princess." He greeted cheerfully, though his voice was a bit mixed with some sort of nervousness.

"Thanks." I answered shortly, but still kept my eyes closed. I simply don't want to get annoyed at the moment.

Just please leave me alone. I thought.

"Everyone's looking for you now. I think it was something about the gown. They said it's time for your fitting." He continued and I felt him sit beside somewhere near me.

"Fine." I uttered as I sat down from where I lay and fixed my dress.

However, when I stood up, I was surprised when he caught my elbow. "Where are you going?"

"Back to the mansion, of course. Didn't you say they're looking for me?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Just a moment, please, princess." He spoke in a low tone before he gently pulled me down so I am sitting on the blanket again.

I sat looking at him but couldn't really decipher his expression. He looked nervous with a mixture of everything else.

"I know that you're annoyed with me and that you don't really like me around. And...and I'm sorry for still trying to stay around you even if I know it upsets you." He started as his hand went up to his nape, slightly scratching it, his cheeks burning. Then he sighed before taking something from his pocket. He lightly pulled my hand out and placed something on it. A golden key.

With eyes wide open, I stared at him and observed as his cheeks got redder than ever, his eyebrows meeting each other and then he looked up and met my gaze. His eyes piercing mine. This time, I also felt my nerves rocking inside me. I was out of breath and noticed the rapid palpitations in my chest.

His eyes still gazed at mine intently. I gathered all the guts I had left and opened my mouth to speak. "What's this?"

"It's my birthday gift for you." He answered and finally looked away which made me able to breathe out. "It's your 18th birthday today and I wanted to give you something special."

"What's so special about this key?" I queried once more.

"That's the key to the most important part of me." He replied and gave me a nervous smile.

"h-huh?" I bewilderedly blurted out.

"I will tell you when the right time comes, princess. Just remember that only you can get an access to it. Because it belongs to you." He answered with a small smile.

Then he suddenly stood up and walked away.

"Where are you going?" This time, it was me who asked.

"Back to the mansion, princess. Your party awaits you. Let's go." He said as he scratches the back of his head once more.

*****

Hi, everyone! I have some exciting news! Well, it's surely exciting for me though.

My Happily Ever After is now on Dreame. You can still read the complete story for FREE by downloading the Dreame App (which is also for FREE in Google Play Store or Apple Store).

Here are the links:

https://www.dreame.com/novel/AmNWmDO6wes098YDk5Z5Zw%3D%3D.html

or

https://www.dreame.com/chapter/AwKGIHEUx5qLy%2BRU5rPVMw%3D%3D.html

In case those links won't work, go to the Dreame App and search for me. My username is @geeem27. You can also try searching via the title of my book which is: My Happily Ever After.

I hope y'all will continue to support me. I still have a lot of stories to tell. Thank you very much.

In any case, for more questions and inquiries...you can always message me here in Wattpad for more information.

Love Lots,

Gee