33 - Sweet Blissful Day

Abby's POV...

I was tossing and turning all over my bed again that night. My mind was still coping with the fact that Gorio is also in town. I didn't really expect him to be around when I decided to come home because I knew that he mostly stays in New York, where his business' main office is at. After he dropped me off here at the mansion, my sleep never arrived and my mind keeps thinking about him.

Seeing him earlier really caught me off guard. And he's still as handsome and dashing as before. He's been a perfect gentleman throughout the night and never left my side. At some point, he also made sure I don't trip off with my high heeled shoes by putting a secured hand around my waist. He also introduced me to a lot of investors and shareholders while making sure that I was not left out of their discussions. Emz and Anthony somehow disappeared and I will make sure to confront her tomorrow not setting my expectations right.

One thing that somehow bothered me though are the stares of the ladies who were clearly eager to get his attention. I've been receiving glares all throughout which made me a bit annoyed.

Stop thinking about everything, Abby.

Nothing will really happen to my night if I'd keep turning around like this. And so I tossed the cover off my body and decided to go and get a glass of milk. Maybe that will calm me down and make me fell sleepy. So I went out of the room and walk through the hallways, finding my way down to the kitchen. Opening the fridge, I immediately got the milk I needed and poured myself a glass of it. I was about to drink when the light switched on.

Looking down to cover my eyes from the unexpected blinding light, I slowly look up to see who it was.

"Sorry. I didn't you there," Gorio said apologetically.

"What are you doing here?" I blurted out. Not that he can't come here or has no right to be here at this hour, as technically speaking, he owns this mansion and the hacienda. But I clearly remembered him driving away after he dropped me off.

"Oh, about that, Anthony actually called me to come so I can help out just in case the baby decides to come out today. He has an emergency patient so he had to go out and stay in the hospital." He explained and I nodded. "I just came about an hour ago."

Emz and Anthony actually have their own mansion too, not too far away from the hacienda. But then ever since Emz mom died, Carmela asked them to stay in this mansion instead especially that no one really lives here after I left.

"You need anything?" I asked to try breaking the awkwardness and silence.

"I was just about to get some water." He answered.

I nodded once more, took a clean glass before filling it with warm water and giving it to him.

"You still remembered." He commented before drinking the whole glass at once.

"Of course." I answered. He never really liked cold water.

"Why aren't you asleep yet?" He suddenly asked and I tried my best not to blush so much.

Because I kept thinking about you.

"Adjusting." I answered shortly.

*****

Hi, everyone! I have some exciting news! Well, it's surely exciting for me though.

My Happily Ever After is now on Dreame. You can still read the complete story for FREE by downloading the Dreame App (which is also for FREE in Google Play Store or Apple Store).

Here are the links:

https://www.dreame.com/novel/AmNWmDO6wes098YDk5Z5Zw%3D%3D.html

or

https://www.dreame.com/chapter/AwKGIHEUx5qLy%2BRU5rPVMw%3D%3D.html

In case those links won't work, go to the Dreame App and search for me. My username is @geeem27. You can also try searching via the title of my book which is: My Happily Ever After.

I hope y'all will continue to support me. I still have a lot of stories to tell. Thank you very much.

In any case, for more questions and inquiries...you can always message me here in Wattpad for more information.

Love Lots,

Gee