10 - Disappointment

Abby's POV...

"Is this a race?" Gorio asked as I got up on my horse.

"Sure." I answered and raised my chin. "Race till the creek."

"You sure about that?" He asked and I smirked.

"You know my horseback riding isn't that bad." I replied and he chuckled.

"And the prize of the winner?" He asked.

"Ehmmm. Should there be one?" I asked back.

"Well, it will be more fun if there is." He responded. "How about some doing some dare?"

"I have a better idea." I said and smiled.

"Anything you like, princess." He replied.

"Anything?" I teased and wiggled my brows.

"Yes, princess. Anything." He answered wiggled back his brows then we both laughed.

"If I win, grant me a wish and I'll do the same if you win." I said afterwards.

"One wish. I like it." He said coolly and smiled cheekily. "I'll win this for sure."

"You wish!" I said confidently and smirked.

"Yeah, for sure." He said and smiled widely.

"Let's go!" I said and started to make Spirit run.

"Hey!" He yelled and made Hero ran after us. "You didn't even count and made a go signal!"

"Come and get us!" I yelled back and I can just hear him chuckling as he tried to catch up.

"Coming now!" He yelled as he laughed.

"I won't let you catch us!" I replied loudly.

"Let's see about that!" He shouted, his laugh echoing.

***

"So, you have to grant my wish." He said huskily as he hugged me from behind.

I was staring at the creek while Gorio went to tie the horses on the tree. I didn't notice him walking back towards me. I held onto his hand and felt his strong arms engulfing more into a very warm embrace. I smiled feeling contented as he hugged me tightly.

"Wish?" I teased.

"Yep. My wish. I did my best to beat you." He answered from behind and I can smell his minty breath.

My inner self smiled.

I'm getting used to all this.

But...

What about Anthony?

Oh geez. Anthony.

What am I doing?

No. The right question is, what am I feeling?

Ever since I started going out with Gorio, I'd always get carried away and forget about Anthony. And that made me feel scared. I calmed and reminded myself that I was just dating Gorio to get close to Anthony.

Right.

Get you mind straight.

I then removed his hands around me and faced him. He was quite surprised when I turned to him but his eyes immediately softened. I stared at him for a while. His eyes are now looking at me lovingly. Like how he always looks at me. I looked away, trying to act cool.