6 - The Promise

Gorio's POV...

I was walking through the hallway going to the mansion's library when I spotted my princess talking to Emilia. As usual, she still looked stunning in her flowery dress and ponytail. I was supposed to just pass by and let them talk privately but then I heard Emilia mentioning my name.

"I know you're moody because of Gorio." Emilia said and Abby pouted.

"Why does he have to be so intelligent?" Abby muttered. "Ugh, I hate this feeling."

"Hey, that's inborn. Aren't you glad that he is not an idiot?" Emilia pointed out. "See. That only means you have a bright future with him. You should be proud of him. He just got a full merit scholarship in Harvard University. Can you believe that? He's a freaking genius!"

"I'm proud of course but. Whatever. I still don't like it." Abby complained. "I just don't like it."

"So tell me, what exactly don't you like? Aren't you happy for him?" Emilia asked. "It's for his master's degree. Career = Future."

"I happy for him...but I don't know." Abby said, still pouting. Then she stood up. "Just that...I don't like it."

Then I saw her leaving Emilia behind while stomping her feet. I shook my head and went to the library. But even so, my thoughts are still occupied on what I have heard. I am quite puzzled as to why she doesn't like it. I thought she would be happy for me. And when I come to think of it...I called her yesterday to tell her I got into Harvard, she just said congratulations and ended the call.

Is she mad?

Maybe, I need to talk to her then.

***

"Are you okay?" I asked Abby as we were sitting beside the creek.

"Yeah." She said and remained silent.

"Are you mad at me?"

"No."

"Then why are you so silent?"

"Nothing."

"Abby." I pleaded and made her face me. "Please tell me."

"I said nothing."

"I don't buy that."

She just looked at me again, sighed and shook her head. "Nothing. Can we just talk about something else?"

"Princess." I insisted as I looked into her eyes. "Tell me. I wanna know. Please?"

"I don't know..." she said and pouted. "Just..."

"Hey." I said and cupped her face. "Are you mad that I'm going to attend Harvard?"

"Huh? No. It's not that." she said and looked down. "Of course, I am happy that you got in and I am proud of you. I'm not mad. As a matter of fact, I'm really joyful that you are now achieving your goals in life. I mean your dreams."

"You are my dream." I emphasized and she was shocked for a while, then blushed.

"Don't say that." she said afterwards.

"It's true. Princess, you're my dream." I repeated and cupped her face as I gave her a quick kiss on the lips. "If studying in Harvard is the only way so I can get a good job and give you the life you deserve then I would gladly do it. Even if that means, I would need to live far away from you. I would do anything for you, Abby. I only applied there not because it is my dream. But because I wanna be someone who's worthy to have you."