25 - Broken

Gorio's POV...

"Why do you like horses?" I suddenly blurted out as we placed the horse back to the stable.

Abby simply smiled at me as she also removed the saddle from her horse.

"Well, because I feel like I'm free whenever I'm riding them. And they're the best companions sometimes. Just listening to their steady hooves, the gentle tail swishes, and the snorting of the air. It's beautiful and splendid. Then they can take you wherever. From petal-freckled fields into green pastures, and the clear waters where we could drink our fill." Abby answered, her innocent eyes sparkling as she told me each word. "Their warmness feels me. The wind whenever they run. It makes me feel like I'm carefree."

I smiled at her but didn't reply as I couldn't grasp any right words to say after hearing her answer. So I just nodded in understanding.

"How about you?" She then asked. "Do you like riding horses?"

"Yes. But I don't want to get comfortable with the idea." I replied truthfully.

"Why not?" She asked, her eyes confused.

"Because I can just ride them now due to work. Horses are as expensive as cars. And I can't afford them. So if I get comfortable and lose this job, I might end up missing it. That's why I really don't want to get too attached to anything. Nothing's permanent in this world." I answered.

"First of all, I don't think my Pop's ever gonna fire you. He adores you and treats you like his own grandson. So I doubt if losing this job will ever gonna happen. And second of all, you already said it yourself. Nothing's permanent in this world, Gorio." Abby said confidently. "If you want to have many horse in the future, you can always do it. Everything just depends on you and your choices in life. If you choose to stay as my Pop's worker till you retire then that's your choice and no one's gonna question that. But if you choose to dream bigger and in that dream somehow you'd go and but yourself your own hacienda and buy dozens of horses to raise, that's also your choice. And that is very possible, Gorio. You just have to believe in yourself and never give up. It's all up to you."

Then she flashed me her most beautiful smile. And so for a while I thought I was actually in heaven looking straight at the face of an angel.

"Crazy." She said as she struggled to tiptoes and push my forehead slightly with her point finger. "Let's go."

*****

Hi, everyone! I have some exciting news! Well, it's surely exciting for me though.

My Happily Ever After is now on Dreame. You can still read the complete story for FREE by downloading the Dreame App (which is also for FREE in Google Play Store or Apple Store).

Here are the links:

https://www.dreame.com/novel/AmNWmDO6wes098YDk5Z5Zw%3D%3D.html

or

https://www.dreame.com/chapter/AwKGIHEUx5qLy%2BRU5rPVMw%3D%3D.html

In case those links won't work, go to the Dreame App and search for me. My username is @geeem27. You can also try searching via the title of my book which is: My Happily Ever After.

I hope y'all will continue to support me. I still have a lot of stories to tell. Thank you very much.

In any case, for more questions and inquiries...you can always message me here in Wattpad for more information.

Love Lots,

Gee