15 - Thank You

Gorio's POV...

"I saw what happened yesterday, young man." Mr. Luiz said in a serious tone. "That is why I wanted to talk to you."

I got really nervous. I know what he is talking about. But whatever it is, I know I should be strong if I truly care for Abby.

I gulped and stayed quiet.

"You are a very good man, Gregorio. I know the fact that you are kind, responsible and smart. I even consider you already as my son." He continued and then looked at me in the eye.

I met his gaze to show him that I am listening to whatever it is that he wanted to say.

"My daughter is my treasure. And I wanted to give her the best of everything." He said with love in his eyes. "I love my daughter the most."

The he stood up and lit his cigarette as he went to the open terrace. I followed and gaze at him as he puffs out the smoke from his cigar.

"Do you really like my daughter?" He suddenly asked.

"I don't just like her..I love her with all my heart, sir." I answered sincerely.

"Then..you have stay away from her." He said in a low voice, not looking at me.

My heart hurt when I heard those words. I feel like staying away from her would kill me.

"Don't get me wrong young man. Staying away from her would be the best for both of you for now." He said as he faced me. 

"But.." I started but stopped when I realize something.

For now?

"She just turned 15 yesterday." He said, answering the left questions in my mind. "Seeing how she is head over heels for you make me worry. I don't want both of you to end up ruining your future and regret that you haven't enjoyed your youth."

I just nodded. I already know what he means.

"She is still very young and I want her to explore more and see the world. And you as well, being with my daughter now would limit your capabilities and achievements." He continued. "You are bound to do great things, young man. I know it. And when the right time comes, if both of your feelings are still there..then I will have no objections.."

"I understand, sir." I answered softly.

My heart is like being pierced knowing that after this conversation, I would need to distance myself from her.

"I know your intentions. Just wait till she's older to decide if she really wants to be with you." He added and I just gulped and nodded.

Abby.

"I hope we are both clear about this." He said and I nodded.

He slightly smiled at me and pat on my shoulder.

"Thank you." 

Then he turned to go back inside.

"Oh. I forgot." He said and I turned to him. "Please promise me to take good care of my daughter. I know she's stubborn but you're the only one I can entrust her to."

"I promise."

He nodded and left.

*****

Hi, everyone! I have some exciting news! Well, it's surely exciting for me though.

My Happily Ever After is now on Dreame. You can still read the complete story for FREE by downloading the Dreame App (which is also for FREE in Google Play Store or Apple Store).

Here are the links:

https://www.dreame.com/novel/AmNWmDO6wes098YDk5Z5Zw%3D%3D.html

or

https://www.dreame.com/chapter/AwKGIHEUx5qLy%2BRU5rPVMw%3D%3D.html

In case those links won't work, go to the Dreame App and search for me. My username is @geeem27. You can also try searching via the title of my book which is: My Happily Ever After.

I hope y'all will continue to support me. I still have a lot of stories to tell. Thank you very much.

In any case, for more questions and inquiries...you can always message me here in Wattpad for more information.

Love Lots,

Gee