Chapter 6 - "Introduction"

This book is for wattpad readers only! NovelHD and teenfic has replicated some of my books with no permission or authority.This is stealing.

#novelhdsteals #notonovelhd #teenficsteals #shametoteenfic&novelhd

I actually have a friend named Adam so, this is how I pictured him in the story...
======================

"Those That Are Economic With The Truth Unavoidably Become Extravagant In Giving The Wrong Impression."

I opened my eyes to see darkness surrounding me, the loudest noise were my sighs of broken down breaths I have taken from a long run. My eyes were watery from the sting of my sweat.

I came to awareness that I was again in a dream. I was sacred out of my wits trying to make sense but to no avail, I was still frightened. I tried to visualize a positive outcome but I had no control over this vivid nightmare.

The same malevolent feeling was in the air. It's sinister presence was on the loose to hunt its latest prey, and I was it. The gusts of wind didn't help much, I felt something creep close to me as something pressed me to the wall I was leaning against.

My sight was blurry all I could see was a dark figure with red eyes. My chest started to give out as the creature's grip got tighter and tighter. I heard a deep growl that sent shivers to my spine, was it trying to say something? Then it clawed me. I felt it's sharp long claws lacerate my skin. The pain was unbearable. The onslaught left me impaired, trembling and shaking. I tried to put up a fight but my body was too weak to even give out the faintest of screams.

Trapped as I felt, my limbs shot out frantically kicking my blanket off. I sat up straight, blinking twice saying nothing. The realization that I was now awake came crashing down. I looked around my beadroom suspicious and paranoid that the horror might have followed me. My heart was still pounding but I cautiously got up, rubbed my eyes and stumbled to the bathroom.

I slowly looked in the mirror and found myself sweating profusely. I splashed some water on my face to pacify me but the bags under my eyes told another story.

"Ewww V, you need a bath. Don't think for one second you can go to school looking like that!"

I didn't reply to Sajie's criticism. I was use to her jabber. To talk back would just encourage her to continue with her rambles. I had this nagging sensation on the back of my mind that I needed to tell her about what I dreamt. And so I did, reliving my night terror.

"What did you see exactly? Tell me in full detail?" She demanded with obvious interest. I tried to be as meticulous with what I saw, but it was more on what I felt rather than what I saw. It was all blurred in one big beating.

I lazily got ready for school. My dad and Sajie were seated across from each other, as I came in the kitchen. Sajie ghasped at the sight of me. Ofcourse, she had to say something about the way I looked.

"Damn V, you look scary! You can even make the blind cry "

I snorted, and rolled my eyes. Dad shot Sajie with one of those warning looks a grown up gives a naughty child. She just stood up going back to our room with her hand raised.

"Just telling the truth"  Sajie said in surrender.

My dad began to ask me a series of questions but all I could squeeze out from my tired little head was that while it strangled me, there was nothing else I could focus on except trying to breathe.
I saw red eyes - a blurry entity, cloacked in shadow. I was sure of one thing though, it was big and it was hungry to end it's victims life.

Thanks to the long conversation I had with dad, I was late for school. I missed my first 3 subjects. I checked my phone, seeing 4 miscalls and 7 worried messages from Lorraine, all asking where I was.

Lorraine was easy to find during free period, she was by the locker area, placing her books neatly inside. Lorraine was her normal charming self, waving at people as she passed by...

"Your late! Where were you?" She said making a face and scrunching her nose.

"Over slept!" I replied quickly, without thinking.

"Really now?" she responded giving me one of her doubting looks.

Lorraine, my best friend is cute. Too cute that she can pull off any hairstyle. She is now sporting an A-line bob, that was layered. Short at the back and long in front. It did wonders to accentuate her eyes and long lashes.

She's quite the firecracker, which made it really fun to hangout with her. We got ourselves in a lot of trouble when we were younger. But even with all the mischief, she had no bad bone in her body. I've known her for so long, that it was easy for me to read her body language. Today, she was more than her usual chipper self.

She was ecstatic that she didn't even bother to question me further about missing class. Her my mind was elsewhere and she was smiling way too much. She seemed to be checking out everyone who passed us. This only ment one thing ... A guy.

"Spill it! Who is it?" I said curiosly. My friend was crushing on someone. I mean all the signs were there. She was giggly and all goo goo eyed.

Then something weird happened, it hit me like a force of gravity pulling me to the direction on where it came from. Walking past the hall, was a guy with dark shoulder length hair, he brushed it away from his face, revealing a gentle expression. I noticed that he returned the smiles he got from admiring girls. He was just charming. Then his eyes turned to me...

I quickly looked away, I was sure my cheeks were turning red and most probably, I was having one of my facial retardation moments.

Lorraine gave out an excited shrill, and with a giddy voice said ...

"That's him! The new guy, Tayler Blaylock" she said.

Oh, hell! I knew exactly who he was. He nodded at me as he passed us, Lorraine staring in awe at him. She turned to me giving me an evil eye.

"Do you guys know each other or something?" She asked bleakly.

"No. I've never seen him before." I said hastily.

Technically, I wasn't lying. Its true that I've never seen him before but I did know of him. I decided to keep that little tid bit to myself. It was no use though, it was like Lorraine was possessed. All she could say all day was his name. Tayler this, Tayler that. I had a feeling she already stalked him on facebook.

Soj who always sat beside us was Lorraine's newest victim. She told him all about Tayler. Soj just scratched his head in fascination, that Lorraine could talk so fast and expose him to so much girl talk.

"Tayler is just all shades of yummy". Lorraine said dreamly. By then, she might have been planning their future together. I couldn't help but laugh. Soj was trying to contain his laughter too.

"Did you see him tryout for the soccer team? His shirt was off! I just wanted to jump into his arms and tell him to take me... Take me away." Lorraine said playfully.

"No, had no clue they still had tryouts."  I answered.

"You should have seen it, the field was on fire. Aiden and Tayler looked like they were about to rip each other apart. But ofcourse, Tayler gets my vote."

I looked at Lorraine quizzically, thinking that she was lucky not to know about the eventide world. And her comment on the rip each other apart, might be a big possibility if she only knew what they were.

The day was pretty much the same as it ended with lab class. I was thankful, that Soj took the lead to do most of the work. He didn't bother to ask help from me or Lorraine - he would rather busy himself with lab work than to join our girl talk.

After class, I hurried home. I wanted to give myself a chance to sleep. I no longer wanted to feel zombified. Besides, if I kept it up, my acne will start flaring up again.

That would be unfortunate. But unfortunate would not begin to describe another reason to keep me away from bed. I knew I had rotten luck. There was another coucil meeting at our house. This was a smaller group than the last time, but from the mass of faces one stood out.

He had that dazzle with wonder smile, defined cheekbones, those almond eyes that seem to suffocate, holding you in its gaze.

F*cknuts! Tayler.