Chapter 10 - "Dazed"

This book is for wattpad readers only! NovelHD and teenfic has replicated some of my books with no permission or authority.This is stealing.

#novelhdsteals #notonovelhd #teenficsteals #shametoteenfic&novelhd

"Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with."

I woke up disoriented. The bright light of the room stung my eyes. Things were still a bit blurry, but I did realize where I was. I was in my bedroom. The familair scent of vanilla, creamy and comforting, filled my nostrils.

"Nice to have you back" a friendly voice said.

My eyes adjusted as I placed the friendly voice to a face. It was Charmaine's. She had the sweetest smile as she helped me sit up. I took a deep long breath.

"V, drink this " she said calmly handing me a glass of water.

Before I could even say anything my sister burst into the room giving me a hug. I saw my dad by the door, his eyes laced with worry.

"Im sorry V, I should have kept my phone with me, if I had it, we could have found you sooner" Sajie was balling her eyes out, putting the blame on herself.

"It's my fault, I didn't answer either" my dad said softly, almost in a whisper.

"What are you guys talking about ,a wolf saved me. Wasn't it one of you?" I said.

"What wolf?" My dad asked.

"We found you partially unconscious on the pavement" Sajie said wiping her tears.

"You left a voice message telling me where you were heading, so we came " she explained.

I told them the whole story omitting the part where Tayler and I spent time in detention. I didn't think it was necessary to put myself into the line of more questioning. What I did mention was, like in my nightmares, I still heard more than I saw. The wolf on the other hand, was not a figment of my imagination. I insisted more on the fact that I was saved by it.

"Can't you guys find out who the wolf is?" I asked.

"No we cannot, by the time we go back there the scent will be faint, the trail would be cold" My dad responded.

"We didn't see anyone else there"  Sajie added.

"Seeing you sprawled on the floor set quite a panic, all we can do at that time is to make sure your okay"  Charmaine chimed in.

I felt bad knowing that I couldnt even thank this wolf. There was nothing I could do to help. My inner babble quieted down as I yelped in pain.

"Sorry, sorry didn't mean to hurt you, that scrape on your knee needs to be taken care of" Charmaine said as she pattted my wound with ointment, wrapping it around with gauze.

"Are you feeling okay now? All the council members are downstairs and I think they are planning to capture the creature once and for all" Sajie said.

"They have been planning that for weeks now, but we don't even have one solid lead on where to find it" I said.

"Who said we didn't? When we found you, you were clutching on to this " Sajie opened her palm. I saw a beautiful black ring. It had precious dark stones all over, making it look exotic and magical. On it's center was an intricate painting of a flower. It glistened in the light showing a spectrum of colors.

"Its a viola " Charmaine said.

I took the ring from Sajie, giving it an in-depth examination. Maybe by touching it, it would give me answers. I sighed.

"I dont remember, I dont know how I even have this" I said miserably.

Charmaine patted my shoulder, in an attempt to console me. Then she spoke.

"Don't worry V, I'm way ahead of you"

Charmaine began to shed light on things by filling me in on what happened while I was unconscious. She wasn't sure at first but she did recall a book on sigils when she was at camp learning about the Eventide world.

"My hunch was correct. That painted symbol of a viola represents a skinwalker"

"A what?" I asked clearing my throat.

"A skinwalker is a witch. It is able to assume any type of animal form and its power."

"I mean think about it, the flower is literally called the black magic viola"  Charmaine said exasperated.

"Well, that sort of explains how strong it was, the grumbling sounds and why I can't seem to focus on it. It was like a shadow, changing forms" I said

"There is more to it than just that, they nedeed to kill their parents or a sibling to be initiated as a skinwalker." Charmaine added.

"Thats just horrible" I said rattled.

My head was pounding, I didn't want to think anymore. Sajie, understood I needed more rest, but convinced me to speak to the council first.

As I went down stairs I saw worried expressions from everyone, the questions ranged from how I was doing to what did I see. I answered these questions repeatedly as they were asked. I didnt know what else to say, I've told them everything.

Alot of what happened was pushing me into tears. I caught a glimpse of Aiden, making his way towords me. To my shock, he enveloped me in a bear hug. He winced a bit when I hugged him back.

He was injured. I noticed little cuts and bruises on his face. My eyes widened, I was astonished, could he be the black wolf who saved me?

I wanted it to be him. I wanted to thank him, kiss him then and there but it did register to me that the council was around us. They were already gaping on our little display of affection.

I held back my tears, realizing that if he did tell that he was the one who saved me it would cause more complication than help - as to why he was following me or why he was at the right place at the right time. This would surely mean trouble. They would see it as a threat to the alliance and complicated things more.

I moved a step back from Aiden, smoothing my hair in a nervous gesture.

"I came as soon as I heard" He spoke.

"I'm fine, just a little bump on the head and a little gash on my knee" I smiled a bit.

I remained silent about my wolf theory and just continued to make conversation. I just convinced myself that all will come in its right time. All I had to do was wait for Aiden's move.

He did say he wanted to challenge Tayler. I took another mental note to make sure I ask Charmaine about wolf challenges. I truly wondered what would happen once it is set in motion.

Speaking of Tayler, he was MIA on this meeting. Thank god! I don't think I can handle any of his snotty comments. Maybe he found someone else to pester.