Chapter 17 - "This one is on you"

*This book is for Wattpad readers only! NovelHD and teenfic has replicated some of my books with no permission or authority. This is stealing.

#novelhdsteals #notonovelhd #teenficsteals #shametoteenfic&novelhd

When passion meets inspiration, an obsession is born. 

Tayler and I arrived earlier than the rest of the pack. They have been led astray to pursue a lead that led them to the far reaches of town. The rest of the pack has been delegated in groups to keep watch all over town.

I told him I'm not waiting a minute longer. It was Lorraine, she wasn't suppose to be mixed up in this. She was my best friend, I would do anything to protect her.

My phone was ringing off the hook, it was my dad. I turned my phone off, I will not allow him to convince me to wait, like Tayler was doing, it might be too late by then.

I rushed inside, I noticed that Tayler didn't follow me, perhaps he thought it would be more advantageous if I served as an distraction. I looked around only to get a feel of its malevolent presence. The air was filled with a scent of rotting wood. It was dark, the place was surrounded by junk, it was covered with weeds and plants, that grew out wild. 

The windows were filled with dirt and mold which made it hard for the light to shine in. The creeping vines created a maze on the wall. This place gave me the creeps, it gave a vibe of impending doom to who ever dared to enter.

But I will not give up nor turn back, I will find her. The wind blew whispers of deviant sighs, everything was against my better judgement but I will do what I can to find Lorraine, I followed a narrow path leading to what it seems like a door, a beam of light was coming out from it's tiny keyhole.

I wanted to know what was behind it, but I was pretty sure it was nothing good. I gathered all the courage I could muster and walked in.

It was a large garage filled with cobwebs, creaking floor boards, broken down furniture, until I noticed a shadow, a sharp uneven one that seemed to be skulking around. Perhaps, it was trying to conceal its dark motives and dark purpose.

I could only get glimpses of its red eyes, watching and stalking my every movement.

"Where is my friend?" I shouted.

"Around"  it said mockingly.

"I'm surprised it took you so long to find me Vydra. Did you like the present I left you?"

"What gift? I shivered.

"The ring" it said as it roared in laughter.

"You never would have suspected me as long I stayed as your friend, I knew that taking Lorraine would get your attention" his vile voice echoed scaring me.

"What do you want?" I asked.

"What everyone seeks, a mate, you see Vydra I always liked you. I've even made my intentions clear"

It slowly stepped into the light. I was able to see its figure for the first time, it was larger than your average werewolf, its fangs and claws were sharper and bigger, its face was shifting to coyote, wolf or cougar to whatever animal form - only its red eyes remained the same.

He was only a shell of a man I used to know, it was Soj. My lab partner, my friend. How could he do this? He came closer, when he was about to touch my face, a loud growl boomed through the garage. It was Tayler.

"Don't you dare touch her" Tayler said.

"Or you'll do what lover boy? Try to stop me?" He said playfully as he disappeared in front of me.

He reappeared on to the other side of the garage. He was holding Lorraine by the neck with a deathly grip. Lorraine stayed still, unresponsive, and entranced.

"Soj, please let her go" I screamed in terror. What happened next made me fall unto my knees.

"Please Soj no"

Everything was in slow motion, I could see Tayler in wolf form charging towards Soj. I could hear myself pleading, my cheeks soaked in tears. I felt so helpless, unable to do anything. Soj's face was contorted with rage, his hostile glare was directed on me.

"This one is on you" Soj's words were shattering. His lips curled with bared teeth. His clenching jaw flared his wrath.

In a split second, my world turned upside down. Soj snapped Lorraine's neck throwing her lifeless body like a rag doll. I heard a pop sound like a sudden crack as her body plopped on the floor.

I rushed over to her body holding her close. I was unsure of what to do as I repeatedly called her name. I was over powered with grief knowing her eyes would no longer open.

Tayler was in a fierce fight with Soj. When he pounched, Soj just easily dodged and morphed to a different animal throwing blows at him.The fight was like a choreographed dance of destruction where pain oozed in all directions.

Tayler as strong as he was, was beaten down when Soj had transformed into a bear. It clawed, generally attacking Taylers head. It was inflicting massive wounds on Tayler but he kept on fighting.

Tayler wasn't healing that fast. I feared for his life too but I couldn't move, I couldn't leave Lorraine. Everything was happening so fast. My mind went blank on the thinning events unfolding.

I heard a buzzing on my pocket, Tayler had left his phone in my pocket since he knew I turned off mine.

"Tayler, we are a block away, Aidens with me" Charmaine's voice penetrated through the phone. Under my breath, I could hear her shrieking asking Aiden to drive faster.

She could probably hear the fight happening as there were loud bangs and things being thrown. I was crying nonestop.

"Oh, Thank God! V, listen to me carefully, tell Tayler to destroy the pelt. Its the skinwalkers source of power"  Charmaine said weakly as she too began to cry.

I concentrated hard,focusing my thoughts on Tayler.

"Destroy its pelt, its the source of power"

Tayler seemed to pick up the message as he looked at me. Soj, noticed this little distraction when he hurled Tayler against the wall rapidly hitting him.

A few minutes later, a sudden flash of light was behind me. I could see Aiden's wolf form race towards me joining the fight. Behind him Charmaine followed as she knelt beside me.

Tayler's fur coat was bloody, he was limping but his eyes locked with mine showing bravery and his will to continue the battle.

Tayler and Aiden circled Soj. Soj was unphased by this and continued to brutally assualt the wolves. He felt no threat at all.

The werewolves prowled low in pursuit of the skinwalker, it changed form on each attempt to strike, he was anticipating each move. He threw Aiden flying across the garage in hopes of impailing him.

Soj revelled in his strength and the pain he caused that he didnt notice Woody. Woody placed himself quietly outside a window holding a rifle.There was a sudden deafening sound as a bullet punched its way through Soj's neck, causing a gaping hole in its wake. It quickly started to heal but he was unblanced for a while. The shots continued to fire...

Tayler was able to bite of a piece of pelt from Soj's clothing. This caused a major reaction from him, he looked a little weakened. With continuous charges from Aiden and Tayler they were able to remove the animal skin that seemed to be the pelt, its source of power. It rendered Soj helpless.

Soj's final attempt to bring someone down with him, brought his dimise as the rest of the pack had finally arrived and cornered him. My Dad had no choice but to end Soj's life. He was in agreement with Tayler's father who looked proud of his son.

Apparently, skinwalkers were territorial and once it chooses its mate it would do anything in his power to take what he thinks is his. It cared nothing for rules just a strong appetite to feed its desires.