Chapter 9 - "Detention 101"

This book is for wattpad readers only! NovelHD and teenfic has replicated some of my books with no permission or authority.This is stealing.

#novelhdsteals #notonovelhd #teenficsteals #shametoteenfic&novelhd

"Back to school! Back to school to prove to dad I'm not a fool" - Billy Madison

This was the last place I wanted to be. I felt like a delinquent, seated in front of the class with two desks separating me from Tayler. Ms. Michelle our Spanish teacher, was scribbling down something on a piece of paper. Most probably, a note to the principal informing him of the incident or rather improper behavior she witnessed during her class.

I watched as Tayler sighed for the fifth time. He was spinning his pen around the table to distract himself.

"Well, what are you two waiting for? You should get started with your homework or would you rather write an essay on proper school etiquette?" Ms. Michelle said in a stern voice.

I've never had detention before. So, I quickly brought out a book, flipped the pages and pretended to read. Besides, if I attempted to write the essay, I'd probably get more detention. The only words in my mind was the song lyrics of " I will survive".

This was a total waste of time. Pretending to read was a bigger task than I expected, my eyes were starting to close.  I looked at my watch and noticed that only 10 minutes have past.

Ms. Michelle was seated at her table sipping coffee when she abruptly stood up. She was looking at her phone shaking her head.

"I expect you two to be on your best behavior. I will be back shortly. If I hear any of your nonsense expect more detention"  she said.

"No talking, no loitering, stay glued to your seats"  she said in a warning tone.

And just like that, I was staring at Ms.Michelle's back, as she walked out of the room. It was disturbing, I didn't want to be left alone with Tayler, who knows what wretched things he had in store for me. I protested silently, wishing that time would speed up.

I then noticed a crumped piece of paper on my desk. I opened it to find a note. Neatly scibbled, it was addresed to peanut. I lifted an eyebrow in surprise. I turned to look at Tayler, he was staring at his pen as if nothing happened. What is he up to now?

I decided to humor myself and out of boredom, unexpectedly read his note. My eyes widened, he wrote:

PEANUT, wana ditch detention with me?

He was still mocking me even on paper. There was a sketch of a badly mishaped peanut on the side of my name. I bit my lip. Being quick tempered as I am, I wanted to smack him on the head.

With all logic thrown out the window, I did the most childish thing I could ever do. I drew a dick, my middle finger and a wolf. I scrunched up the paper and threw it at him. Tayler caught it without even looking. His laughter roared.

I wasn't an artist and I had to admit my dawing was awful. The dick might have been mistaken for a spaceship. I didnt do a good job on the middle finger either, the hand was fat with abnormally thin fingers. The wolf, looked like a Hello Kitty hybrid.

I guess Tayler found my artistic skills hilarious. He couldnt stop chuckling. He quickly responded to my note as he threw the paper back at me.

Your abstract drawing is phenomenal! Come on lets ditch! I'm quite sure there's something you'd much rather be doing than sitting here. If that's not enough of a reason, then I guess I could let my amazing kissing skills slip.

I felt my face burn up. Was this an attempt on flirting? If it was, he is a few fries short of a happy meal. I turned to him and scowled. He just snickered and gave me a playful wink. What is it with people winking at me? What is wrong with this guy? I was about to tell him off when Ms. Michelle came in.

She looked at us suspectingly as she sat on her chair. The rest of the hour was spent in weariness and horror.

Luckily, when detention finally ended, I spotted Larraine waiting by my locker.

"How was it?"  She asked

"Life changing" I groaned.

"You didnt have to wait for me, you know"

"Are you kidding me? Ofcourse I'll wait for you! I want all the juicy details. Plus, its a friday. Wanna have ice cream?"  Lorraine asked.

Who could ever say no to ice-cream? We made our way to Rico's. She ordered me a big banana split with extra cherries on top to lighten my mood. She ordered the chocolate overload milkshake that had cookies and brownies on top. We were both on sugar overload .We talked about everything especially the note passing in detention.

"Girl, you should have ditched and sucked face with him" Lorraine said enthusiastically.

"Not in a million years!" I countered

"You know that boy is fine, I'd let him do squat-thrusts in my cucumber patch anytime, anywhere!" 

We both laughed hysterically. She used an absurd amount of the word coitus in her sentences. The servers at Rico's probably thought that we had too many screws loose.

Lorraine was always like that, a bowl of sunshine. When we hungout we usually loose track of time because we amused ourselves so much. Which reminds me, it was getting late. We were about to leave Rico's when someone grabbed Lorraine's wrist.

I was shocked to see who it was.

"Jp? What are you doing here?" Lorraine said looking surprised.

JP is Lorraine's ex who apparently wanted to speak to her in private. I knew about their story since it took a while before Lorraine got over him. Their long distance relationship didn't work out as they planned. I didn't want to get in the middle of it so I said my goodbyes to Lorraine and headed home.

It was kind of a long walk, but I didn't really mind. I need the exercise anyway.
I was half way home, when I felt my heart beat faster. My palms were sweaty and I had this sudden urge to run screaming. I soon realized what it was. This was impossible, I was wide awake. I quickly got my phone and called my Dad. He wasn't picking up. I tried Sajie and she too wasn't answering. I left her a frantic voice message instead.

The air seemed chilly, I could hear snarling noises getting closer and closer, I decided to run but the aggressive presence was still taunting me. Lurking and watching.

I was running when I tipped over, I managed to scrape my knee, the wound was a bit deep but I continued to run. I reached the local gas station but no one was there, I tried to check the convenient store but it seemed closed for the night.

My body stiffened when I noticed a dark figure behind me reflecting on the glass window of the store, I was sure it wasn't human, I could hear it, gnashing its teeth. It was moving swiftly, so I was unable to get a good look at the stalking creature, except for its red glowing eyes.

It knew I was aware of its presence, but it was waiting for something, intent in its conquest. I was too scared to move or even scream. There was no way I could out run it.

It closed the distance between us, and just as I braced myself for the impact of its claws, a black wolf leaped through my side and knocked me out of the way. I hit my head pretty hard on the pavement.

I drifted in and out of consciousness unable to see clearly, what was going on. I heard mixes of snarling, yipping and whimpering. Then a long chorus of howling. The next thing I heard was a high pitched whine, it seemed like the creature had injured the wolf.

I tried to raise my head to look around but my whole body felt heavy. I lay still when I heard panic-striken voices calling out to me. There was no longer a sign of the wolf or the creature at all. The last thing I saw was my dad, running towards me.

My head was throbbing, then everything blacked out....