Chapter 14 - "Null and void"

*This book is for wattpad readers only! NovelHD and teenfic has replicated some of my books with no permission or authority.This is stealing.

#novelhdsteals #notonovelhd #teenficsteals #shametoteenfic&novelhd

"Nothing is predestined. The obstacles of your past can become the gateways that lead to new beginnings." - Ralph Blum

I've done my homework, I made it a point to ask Charmaine about wolf challenges, which she was eager to explain.

"Usually its a fight to the death. Mostly, if a werewolf challenges a significant member of the pact to improve his ranks, the council is notified to facilitate the challenges" she explained in her best lecture voice.

"There are three stages to it, the day challenge, where a wolf shows his skill in leadership, his wit, his cunning. The next is the night challenge, testing their survival skills, their endurance, their ability to stand pain. Lastly, the dominance challenge, this is the fight to the death - the victor lays claim to everything the other wolf has, including his mate and territory."

Knowing all this gave me a mini heart attack. Although, my mind was confused, I didnt want to loose either of them. I heard Tayler laughing in my head as Aiden declared his intent for a challenge.

"He is an even bigger fool than I thought, tell him or I will, you won't like it if I did" Tayler said telepathically, threat looming over his voice.

Tell him what exactly? I questioned myself. My head was filled with exactly two emotions uncertainty and denial. The word soulmate tugged in my head. I refused to listed to it.

"You know what I'm talking about Vydra, just say it out loud"

"Do you accept my challenge Tayler?" Aiden asked again abesent of fear. Tayler was about to respond when Charmaine's head popped out of the door leading to the balcony.

"Hey.. What???...Woah, I'll come back later"  Charmaine said hurriedly.

Clearly, she felt awkward seeing Aiden and Tayler at their current state. Half naked chiseled bodies exposed, barefoot, both with predetory looks.

"Are you crazy don't leave me here" I muttered. Pulling her unto the balcony. There was no way in hell I was letting her go.

Tayler began to laugh hysterically. His dark eyes glimming in the moonlight.

"Hmmm, if you want a beat down so badly, I accept" he mocked.

Instantly, Charmaine stiffened, she now understood what these half naked boys were upto. She was about to say something but it was over shadowed by all the growling and snarling.

Aiden was perfectly calm as he spoke "We will see about that wont we?"

Tayler took one step closer to Aiden. Tension was building, anger escalating. There was great emotion behind their loud growls. We could see their fingers turn into claws, their eyes to icy silver. Charmaine and I backed off.

"And here they go again!" I said in defeat.

Tayler looked at me as I heard him again, this time it was a shout in my head.

"Tell him, before I kill him"

"Stop!"

"You can't continue the challenge Aiden" I said releasing the breath I've been holding.

"He's my soulmate" I sighed. Finally, accepting that the universe has a bad sense of humour to partner me with Tayler.

"V, have you gone mad? How do you even know that? You barely know this guy" Aiden said in protest.