Chapter 11 - "Squadron"

*This book is for wattpad readers only! NovelHD and teenfic has replicated some of my books with no permission or authority.This is stealing.

#novelhdsteals #notonovelhd #teenficsteals #shametoteenfic&novelhd

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."

It was the weekend. Tension was still in the air as my dad and a couple of council members were on the hunt for the Skinwalker. According to Charmaine they lived alone in remote or secluded areas. Now, that was a big problem. We had a lot of far- flung lands on the far side of town.

Our pack had a lot of ground to cover. If we wanted this creature caught, we would have to help. We were all given strict instructions not to engage but only to investigate and report back. The matter was to be handled by our council and elders. In short, they didn't trust us enough to make rational decisions on our own. They made excuses of saying that they had no idea the extent of power the skinwalker has nor are we equipt to handle such danger.

They hid behind the notion that the main objective at this point was to preserve and protect the next line of alpha males and females.

They divided us into groups making sure of our safety. The council heavily and repeated said to proceed with caution.

Charmaine, Woody and Bullet of course were the dynamic trio, they have already started their expedition and has informed us on what area they were taking to investigate. Knowing Charmaine, she already had things mapped out for them. The girl was nothing but organized.

From Tayler's side of the pack, his cousin Sam and his mate Clarrisa joined in the crusade. What's fascinating about the two is that Clarissa is a wolf blood. Sam being a pure blood werewolf was able to adapt her powers and made Sam even stronger. They both are incredible trackers. It was just like what Charmaine said with the whole soulmate thing.

On the other hand, I was stuck with Adam and Sajie. Sajie was preoccupied at the moment also thinking about Adams up coming birthday. It was hard for her to stop mooning about it since it was a big deal for her.

But knowing my sister, she knew her duties all too well. We were about to leave the house when Talyer came in. I guess he was coming with us.

"Your late" Sajie said in annoyance.

"Traffic" Tayler replied

"Stay safe, call if anything happens"  My dad said giving me and Sajie a hug.

It was a long drive and the car space was getting pretty small for me and Tayler. I felt irritated at the sight of him. He was cocky, obnoxious and everything he said to me was offensive.

Lorraine's jolly voice reverberated in my head as I recalled our icecream date.

"You know that boy is fine, I'd let him do squat-thrusts in my cucumber patch anytime, anywhere!"  Lorraine said. I chocked in a bit of laughter.

I saw Sajie's eyes on the rear view mirror. She must have thought I was going out of my mind, she slightly shook her head. I looked sideways at Tayler expecting one of his douchbag comments but he just stared out the window. I was about to make a dog joke that I could open the car window so he could let his head out but decided on to keep quiet, remembering that Adam and Sajie were wolves too.

We finally reached our destination, the area felt so detached from the community it was eerie. This was one of the housing development units that was left unfinished. The streets and sidewalks was still there as were the lots but there were red and black electrical wires sticking out of the ground. Only a few houses had been completed.

"Stay here V, its faster if we do it ourselves" Adam said.

"Here take the keys"  Sajie handed me a keychain with an I heart Sajie decoration on it.

"Tacky" was all I could say. Adam snickered. Sajie rolled her eyes and stuck her tongue out.

"Just stay here"  she said leaving me in the car.

I could see my sister's eyes change color, as she started to undress. It was like her skin was removed with each clothing, revealing the lush fur tucked inside. It wasnt as horrible as I imagined it. There was no bone breaking, no gore, no screaming turning into a growl. It was a smooth transition. I've never seen anything like it. It was magical. It didn't take long either, the change was complete in less than minute.

In wolf form my sister looked elegant, her fur color was the rarest. It was white, but when she moved, it was like silk. Sometimes, it looked like silver. No wonder she detested me when I named her pookie. How was I suppose to know the difference between a husky and a white wolf?

Anyway, I wasn't able to see Adam turn. I was too enchanted with my sister's change. But his fur was a beautiful mix of white and grey. He really looked like my sister's mate even in wolf form. I tried to look for Tayler but it seems that he had gone his own way.

I knew I had nothing else to contribute to this trip but my Dad insisted I tag along. So, I did. I sat back in the car seat fiddling with my phone as I waited.

It was getting late when they returned. They have found nothing linking to the Skinwalker, not even a scent. There was nothing suspicious about the place, it was just abandoned. Our little escapade was a bust. I could hear my sister reporting everything to my dad - as he mandated us to go home.

At this time, I was famished. Apparently, so were they. We decided to stop at the nearest food joint. I was a little disappointed the food wasn't as great as Rico's. They didn't even have milkshakes.

I ordered the classic burger with the side of fries which tasted a little bland to me. I just drowned it all in ketchup and mustard. Adam, Sajie and Tayler didn't seem to mind, they had big orders of the lamb burger, beef nachos, chilli fries and a lemon squre for dessert. They devoured it, like it was the best thing in the world.

We all finished our meal, when it began to rain. We drove a couple of miles only to realize that the rain was getting heavier. Thunder rumbled and boomed. It was even messing up the radio. Strong winds have disrupted the roads. It was no longer safe to travel. We had no choice but to seek refuge at a nearby motel.

"Dad, I dont think we can make it home"  Sajie was speaking on the phone to our dad.

"It's fine Sajie, the weather is bad. We got the local storm report too, stay safe"