Chapter 1

You had just arrived back to Coruscant after another successful mission on the planet of Felucia. The large capacity door of your ship lowered itself and you were greeted by a few familiar faces.

"Master Windu, Master Kenobi," you greeted bowing your head in respect. You felt the presence of your clone force behind you standing at attention.

"A word?" Windu asked you.

"Of course," you responded before turning to your clones, "at ease, go ahead and get some rest, I'll contact you when we have another mission."

"Thanks, general," Sergeant Hunter responded before leading the others in a different direction.

Mace and Obi-Wan turned on their heels and you fell into step with them. "I read your report from Felucia," Obi-Wan stated, "you and your clone troopers are quite impressive."

You smiled proudly, "thank you, master, they are quite unique soldiers."

"Indeed," Mace interjected, "however, I fear that you allow them too much freedom on the battlefield."

You turned your attention to the Jedi master, "I give them more freedom because they have never given me a reason to need to micromanage them, I trust their instincts."

Mace rubbed his chin, "they are clones, they have little instincts and ability to think."

"Master, I disagree," you argued, "all of the clones have a level of personal instinct and prowess, but these clones are different. Their genetic defects make them more independent and have an increased ability to think on their feet and outwit the enemy."

"I have to agree with general (Y/N) on this one master," Obi-Wan interjected, "I have read several of the reports on this squad, they have never lost a battle with their unique tactics."

Mace stopped walking, causing you and Obi-Wan to stop and turn to him, "we shall see if they continue to be impressive," he stated, "now I must attend to another duty, good work on Felucia general."

"Thank you, master," you said bowing your head. Mace walked away and you turned to Obi-Wan, "thanks for the input Kenobi."

Obi-Wan chuckled, "just make sure I don't regret it."

You smiled at him and nodded, "excuse me, master Kenobi, but I must go write my report."

"Of course, general," he said, bowing to you. You turned and walked towards the library to finish your report and do some more research.