Chapter 5

You were not sure how much time had passed before you heard familiar voices outside the ship. You recognized it as Crosshair and Hunter arguing, something pretty ordinary.

Subconsciously, you gripped your lightsaber tightly and used the walls of the ship to support your weight. You wanted to believe that your squad would not turn on you, but you had no idea the extent of what happened.

Suddenly it got quiet, Hunter had probably noticed the small trail of blood going into the ship. You decided it would be best just to confront them, so you carefully walked to the entrance of the ship, still leaning against the wall for support.

Immediately upon seeing you, Crosshair raised his gun and pointed it directly at you.

"Crosshair! Don't!" Hunter shouted, reaching for the barrel of his gun. You gripped your lightsaber tighter and ignited it, allowing the green light to surround you and protect you.

"Good soldiers...follow orders..." Crosshair said gripping his head in one hand painfully but not letting go of his gun.

Tech, Wrecker and Echo stood behind Hunter and Crosshair, unsure of what to do. "She's our friend," Hunter said, still trying to convince Crosshair to lower his weapon.

You leaned heavily on the wall of the ship, your energy fading as blood trickled to the ground. You held your saber up protectively, but it was getting harder and harder to hold. You stayed quiet, not knowing what to say or who to trust.

Crosshair finally lowered his gun and cradled his head again. Hunter took the gun and handed it to Echo to hold, just in case Crosshair got any more bad ideas.

Hunter held his hands up in the universal sign of surrender as he approached you slowly. "You're hurt," he said, noticing the pool of blood forming on the floor.

You raised your saber up again to warn him to stay back, "Clones did this..." you whispered, the pain of talking becoming too much, "they killed Master Billaba..." you continued in the same whisper of disbelief, "I imagine they killed Caleb..."

"Not all clones," Hunter responded, "let me help you."

Hunter reached for you but still kept a comfortable distance. You pulled back for a moment, every instinct in your body told you to run away from him, run away from your squad. But when you felt his presence, it made you feel better, more comfortable, and you yearned for his familiar company.

You slowly lowered your saber and turned it off. You nodded at him before losing your strength and slipping from the wall. Hunter was at your side in an instant, he caught you before you could hit the ground and carefully lowered you to the floor.

"Tech," Hunter called, "get some medical supplies, quickly!"

You saw the shape of someone running past and then all you could focus on was Hunter's face directly in front of yours, "Hold on, general," he whispered, still cradling your head so you were not on the floor, "Hold on, (Y/N)."

-------

Sometime later you woke up on a hard mattress with several bandages over your body. You sat up a little, but winced in pain. "I would not do that," a voice came from the corner. Tech walked into view, still typing on his datapad. "According to my assessment, you had several bullet wounds, a few of which were still in your body and a broken rib, although the cause of which is unclear," Tech explained.

"Had several wounds?" you asked curiously.

"Correct, I patched you up the best I could," Tech explained matter-of-factly.

"Thank you," you said trying to sit up again.

Tech finally glanced up from his datapad, "I would not sit up, your rib is not fully healed yet."