Chapter 18

Hunter's eyes opened in surprise, "worse?"

You nodded, "my original theory is correct, Omega is the product of genetic alterations to give her the ability to use the force, she just does not know it yet. Once she was old enough, the kaminoans were going to train her and turn her into a weapon, she was only being held safe until she reached maturity."

"Why didn't they just accelerate her growth like the rest of us?" Hunter asked.

"I am assuming there is something within the growth serum that would hinder her skills," you suggested, "the force is a complex thing, it takes a specific grouping of circumstances to manifest in someone, they probably did not want to risk any mistakes."

Hunter nodded in understanding, "do we tell her?"

You shook your head, "we can't, the sooner she knows who she is, the sooner she tries to use these powers, the faster they will find her."

"Who?" he asked.

You sighed, "everyone, the Kaminoans, the empire, the guilds, anyone who knows what she is." You paused and pulled out a holodisk that Cid had given you from Hondo with his message and all the information. You clicked it and a picture of Omega showed up, "they already put a bounty on her in half of the known gilds and independent contractors, she is easily spotted and everyone will be coming for her."

Hunter sighed, "so what do we do?"

"The only thing we can do," you whispered, leaning into Hunter's shoulder, "we try to make her less recognizable and when the time comes, we protect her."

Hunter nodded and rested his head on top of yours. Things were about to be a lot more difficult than before and it was only getting started.