Chapter 26

Out of nowhere your eyes shot open and you gasped for breath. It took you a moment to grasp what had happened and understand your surroundings. You quickly became aware of a distraught Hunter, clinging to your once limp body.

Your instincts took over and you immediately reached forward and wrapped Hunter in the tightest hug you ever had. "I never wanted to leave you," you whispered into his shoulder.

Hunter let out a gasp and pulled back, looking at you, "how... how are you here?"

Tech, Echo and Wrecker were next to you in an instant wrapping you in a tight group hug, "general, how can this be?" Echo asked.

You smiled at the fond memory of the fallen masters, "they sent me back."

The batch looked at each other in confusion, "who's they?" Wrecker asked.

"The fallen jedi masters," you explained, "they said I had a purpose to fulfil." You looked off in the distance, the image of your heaven still ingrained in your mind.

Hunter finally had let you out of his arms, "that is not the only thing you saw, was it?"

You locked eyes with him and smiled, "no."

He sensed that it was something you wanted to talk about later, "it doesn't matter right now, I am just glad you are back," he said, wrapping you in another hug.

You wrapped your arms around his neck tightly and tried to pour all of your emotions into this one touch. You could feel the wetness of Hunter's eyes against your skin causing you to hold him more tightly.

You opened your eyes and caught Echo's eyes, motioning for him to give you a second. "Come on, guys," Echo said, grabbing Tech and Wrecker by the arm, "let's give them a few minutes."

You nodded to Echo slightly in thanks and watched them walk back to the ship to load up the supplies and get ready to take off.

Once they were out of earshot, you lifted up Hunter's head, covering his cheeks with your hands. "None of this was your fault," you whispered, "I know you have been beating yourself up about it."

A tear fell down his cheek and you lightly wiped it away, "I should have stayed with you-"

"No," you cut him off, "I knew what I saw doing, and I knew the consequences."

Hunter hung his head, "I thought I lost you."

You wiped away another tear, "I am not going anywhere," you whispered to him. You leaned in and placed a gentle kiss on his lips. "Hunter," you said, pulling away at arms length.

"Yes?" he asked, regaining his composure as you sat up on your knees.

"There is something I need to tell you," you explained, "about what I saw on the other side."