Chapter 3

You woke early and made your way to one of the meditation rooms and sat down on the padded bench. "Dim lights," you said to the automated system. The lights dimmed lower and you closed your eyes, listening to the comforting city sounds around the temple.

You reached into the force and allowed your mind to take over, casting you through the galaxy in your own head. Faded images, colors and sounds surrounded you, until one image caught your attention and you focused in on it.

You could see a rocky snowy landscape with sounds of bullets and the gentle hum of a lightsaber. You focused harder and sharpened the image. It was a battlefield, countless battle droids laid destroyed on the ground as the silhouette of jedi and clones continued breaking through the ranks of the sepratist army. This had to be the end of the war, the force was showing you the end of the fighting every jedi desperately wanted.

You smiled, this had to be a sign. But suddenly the landscape grew dark and the silhouettes shifted. The jedi was laying on the ground surrounded by blaster fire, but their clone protectors were no longer in sight. You ran to the rescue of the fallen jedi, only to see your own face reflected in the black silhouette.

You gasped and you were pulled back to reality, breathing heavily and trying to process the information. "Lights up," you commanded the automated system, still trying to catch your breath.

As the lights came back on, you noticed the small shape of master yoda in the corner of the room. "Good morning, Master Yoda," you said, running a hand through your hair, wiping the sweat away. You tried to mask your surprise and worry from your vision, but Master Yoda had already picked up on it.

"Troubling you, something is," he said matter-of-factly, "sense it, I did."

You motioned to the padded seat next you and waited for him to take a seat before recounting your vision to him. "I am unsure what it means, master," you confided after you had finished describing it to him.

"Foresee the end of the war, you did," he explained, "but still remains, mystery does."

"You don't seem surprised," you questioned.

"See the same thing, I have," Yoda admitted, "know how you feel, I do."

You moved to the edge of the cushion and leaned your elbows on your knees to slow your heart rate before standing and turning to the green master, "I should be going, master, I have a meeting with my squad to debrief our last mission."

"After that, new mission we have for you," Yoda said, "to the high counsel chambers, bring your squad."

"Master, bring my squad?" you asked.

"Special, this mission is, talk to you all, we shall," he explained getting off his seat and walking out of the door with you.

You bowed to the master before turning away. "General (Y/N)," Yoda called.

You turned around, "yes master?"

"Speak of your vision, you should not," he warned, "until we know more, a secret it should be."

You nodded, "as you wish, master." You turned back around and headed towards the cafeteria. Once inside you picked up some fruit and a water glass before quickly heading outside the temple, to the place you always met your squad to debrief.

You arrived at the small garden that rarely anyone visited and saw that your squad was already waiting for you. You walked up to them and tossed them each a piece of fruit before taking a seat across from them, leaning on a stone wall.

"Morning, general," Crosshair said, taking a bite out of his apple, "you're late."

"Apologies, I was in a conference with Master Yoda," you explained, "actually, we have a new mission that we are supposed to meet the counsel for later today."