Chapter 6

Hunter and the others filled you in on the plan. They were going to land on Kamino and try and figure out what was going on with the others. You were going to remain in the hidden compartment of the ship just in case someone else came on board. They would return that night and take off without notice and you would get out of there.

"I don't like this plan," Crosshair said from across the room, "she's a jedi."

You looked at him slightly nervously but it was Hunter who spoke, "we will not betray our general, Crosshair."

Crosshair folded his arms defiantly, "as you wish sergeant."

Everyone else went about their business, you were still a few hours out from Kamino. You decided to go sit next to Crosshair.

"What do you want?" he asked, turning his back to you, "can you feel my anger and disappointment."

"I don't need to be a jedi to tell that you are upset," you replied.

He scoffed, "then what do you want, general." He spat the word general out both sarcastically and menacingly.

You placed a hand on his shoulder, "I know how you feel about this Crosshair, and in some ways I agree with you. But I am grateful for your help and your friendship."

He looked a little surprised but said nothing. You squeezed his shoulder and stood up, walking over to the box with rations and grabbing yourself something to eat. You moved rather slowly throughout the cabin, but Tech had cleared you to get out of bed and had given you an injection for the pain.

You sat back down in the common area, eating your rations and relaxing. Eventually you closed your eyes and fell asleep in your seat. After about an hour someone shook your shoulder awake. Your eyes focused on Tech, who was now sitting next to you, "I'm sorry to wake you, but I have to do a vital check and make sure your wounds are not infected."

"Sure, sure," you said, attempting to sit up. You winced in pain and slouched back in the seat.

"I believe your pain medications are wearing off," Tech responded, not looking up from his datapad.

"No shit," you said, wincing again as you tried to sit up.

"Wrecker, would you give the general a hand to the room so I can complete my examination?" Tech asked, breaking Wrecker's concentration on his game.

"Uh, sure," he said loudly, walking over to you and picking you up.

"Thanks Wrecker," you said as he carried you through the small hallway of the ship to a room.

"You're welcome, gen-" Wrecker was cut off by the thud of your head against the doorway.

"Ow," you complained through gritted teeth.

"S-sorry," Wrecker said, attempting to move you through the doorway again.

"Wrecker, put her down, you're going to give her a concussion on top of everything," Echo shouted, rushing to your side and taking you from Wrecker.

Wrecker rubbed his head with his hand sadly. You smiled at him, "It's alright, Wrecker, thank you for helping me."

"Sure thing, General," he said, his carefree smile returning.

Echo helped you onto the hard mattress and Tech walked in still typing on his datapad. "I will just need a blood sample and then I will change up your bandages."

You nodded to him and he got to work. "Tech, how long till we reach Kamino?" you asked.

"According to my calculations, about an hour," Tech answered.

You sighed, you could not shake the feeling of dread about returning to Kamino after everything that just happened. The doorway darkened for a moment and you looked up to see the frame of Hunter looking in.

"How are you feeling, general?" Hunter asked.

"Like I got shot," you chuckled, managing a small smile.

Hunter smiled back at you for a moment before turning to Tech who seemed to have finished his examination. "What's the verdict?" Hunter asked.

Tech scanned his datapad for a moment before answering, "there are no signs of infection and the wound is healing rather quickly."

Hunter looked concerned, "then why is she still in pain?"

"I imagine it is because a Jedi typically burns off pain medication quickly, their metabolism is higher than ours and I only have supplies that we would need," Tech explained quickly, not paying much attention to Hunter.

"Well can't you do anything-"

You raised your hand to stop him, "Hunter, I will be fine."

Hunter came into the room and took a seat next to you practically shoving Tech out of the room. "If anything would help with the pain, we could get it," he said, gripping your shoulder comfortingly.

You smiled at him, "I'm really ok, you have all taken such good care of me already, I can handle a little pain."

"But-"

"Hunter," you interrupted gripping his hand with both of yours, "Thank you, but I am fine."

He smiled back at you and for only a moment, life was good and happy. But in the next second, that happy feeling was gone.

"We're coming up on Kamino," Echo shouted from the cockpit.

Hunter noticed your face drop and he squeezed your hand, "I promise we will protect you."

You nodded, "I know."

He helped you up and walked with you over to the spot you would be hiding. Wrecker lifted up the floorboards in one of the other rooms and Hunter helped you lower yourself into it.

There was a jolt and you knew the ship had just dropped out of hyperspace. Hunter handed you a bag of rations and a flashlight before moving the floorboards back into place. "We'll come get you later, it won't take long here," he reassured you.

You nodded in response and watched as he fully closed the floorboards and bolted them down so it looked undisturbed. You felt the touchdown of the ship and heard the large capacity door open. There was nothing you could do now but wait.