Chapter 24

You felt no pain as the rocks collapsed onto you, but darkness ensued not long after. What could have been hours or seconds later, you woke up to a dark space surrounding you, and only white circles and paths to guide you through this mess.

You wandered around the white pathways, navigating between the circles. "Where am I?" you whispered to yourself.

"You are in the world between worlds," a voice came to you.

You were startled by the voice and quickly looked around for where it came from, "who said that?" You instinctively reached for your lightsaber, but realized it was no longer hanging on your belt.

"This is a place outside of time, but entirely out of our galaxy," a new voice sounded in the dark.

These voices seemed familiar to you, but nothing had taken form. "Who are you?" you asked.

"We are here to guide you," another voice added, "to show you your path."

"Where are you?" you asked again, "show yourselves."

Around you, many bodies materialized out of thin air, all a strange blue hue. As they became more opaque, you recognized them as the fallen masters of the jedi.

You bowed to them slightly, "masters."

"Stand up, general," one of them said, "it is we who should be bowing to you."

You looked at them confused before you eyes locked with Depa Billaba, your eyes saddened as you looked at her, "master, I am so sorry I could not save you."

She smiled at you, "it was my choice to protect you, you have nothing to apologize for."

You nodded to her but another woman stepped forward, you recognized her as Master Luminara Unduli. "We have been watching you since the fall of the jedi," she explained, "we are grateful that you have come to us."

You bowed slightly to her, "I honestly have no idea how I got here."

A nauteloan man stepped forward, you knew it was Master Kit Fisto, "you demonstrated a display of strength, honor, and sacrifice in the service of someone else," you explained, "when you saved those two little girls, even though you knew it would kill you, you proved yourself worthy in the eyes of the force and it brought you here."

You looked around, "I don't really understand what here is?"

Master Windu stepped forward, "this place is a choice for you," he said, "each of these doorways is a path, you can choose any of them and walk through it, or you can remain here, a place outside of all of this, but you are still able to watch the world continue on."

You looked around, curiosity taking over, "and where do the doorways go?"

Master Billaba stepped up next to you and placed a hand on your shoulder, although you could not feel her touch. "They are different lives, many of them are happy, not real but happy," she explained, "you can choose to live out your version of a heaven in the doorways."

You nodded and smiled, a heaven sounded nice to you, after a lifetime of war. But Master Billaba continued, "or you can choose to go back and serve a greater purpose."

You turned to her and the others, "a greater purpose?"

Master Unduli stepped in front of you, "you are not the last Jedi in the galaxy, but you are the only one in a position to protect the future of the jedi way."

"In your possession you have the most dangerous weapon ever created," Master Fisto added.

"The darksaber," you concluded.

"The darksaber is a powerful weapon," Master Windu said, "but there is something more powerful than that."

You thought for a moment, "Omega?"

Master Unduli nodded, "your information from the pirate Hondo was correct," she confirmed, "the girl's DNA was altered in secret by the scientists on Kamino, she is the first and only successful force sensitive clone."

You nodded in understanding, but moved on, "you said there were more jedi left?"

Master Fisto nodded, "Master Yoda and Master Kenobi are still alive, but have decided to remain in exile."

"But there is another still alive," Luminara added, "young padawan Ahsoka Tano still lives, although the weight of losing her master has caused her to close herself off from the force, she is currently unreachable by us."

You nodded, "so I suppose you all want me to go back and find them all."

"That would be ideal," Mace responded.

"But the choice is yours," Depa interjected. She guided your shoulders so that you were facing a long hallway of white windows. "Walk down the path, looking into the window will give you a glimpse of the life within it," she explained, "once you have chosen where you want to go, just walk through the door."

You turned your head to her, "you are not coming with me?"

She shook her head, "this is a decision you must make on your own."

You nodded to her and then turned your attention to the others who began to fade back into the darkness. "May the force be with you," they all said in unison.

You watched them all fade away and the last thing you saw was a flash of Master Billaba's smile. "May the force be with you, masters."