Chapter 27

Hunter looked confused for a moment, but nodded, "what did you see."

You took a deep breath, "I saw a lot of different paths I could have taken, some were happy and some were filled with darkness," you explained, "but most interesting was the fact that they seemed to go on forever, endless possibilities."

"So how did it work?" He asked.

You recounted the way the world works, how it was explained to you by the fallen masters, and what it all could mean. "I have a feeling I was shown that place for a reason," you continued, "that it could be the key to something bigger."

"Like what?" Hunter asked curiously.

You shrugged your shoulders, "I am not sure yet, but the masters warned me about Omega," you reminded him, "perhaps it is the key to finding her a safe place."

Hunter nodded, "we should search some public archives, perhaps there is more information about this world between worlds."

You thought for a moment, "the only place that might have that information would be on Coruscant, in the old jedi archives."

"And we definitely can't go anywhere near there," Hunter added.

You thought for a moment then threw up your arms in excitement, "how could I not have thought of this before," you exclaimed, "there are hidden jedi temples all over the galaxy, most of them have their own archives, or remote access to the ones at the temple on Coruscant!"

"Ok, then where are they?" Hunter asked, matching your excitement.

"That's the thing," you replied, "the locations are never shared, you have to open yourself up to the force and be guided there." Your excitement faded a little as you thought of opening yourself up to the force fully, feeling all of the darkness and hate that you felt before.

But as you looked at Hunter, your smile returned. "There is something else you saw in that place, isn't there?" he asked.

You chuckled, "you are quite perceptive," you responded moving to lay your head in his lap. Hunter gently played with your hair as you stared up into the sky.

He suspected that there was something else that you saw, something important. But he pushed it out of his mind and knew you would tell him when you needed to.

You resolved to not tell Hunter about the child you saw in the world between worlds. There was no guarantee that this path would be the one that happened in the real world, and there was no sense distracting him from the present issues at hand. That life would forever be the heaven you imagine in your dreams, the happiness you would always strive for, but deep down you knew that you left that path behind you, it would always be just that, a dream.

---------------------------------------------

A few hours later you had picked up Omega from the twi'lek camp and collected their payment. Everyone was surprised to see you alive, each giving you a big hug, thanking you for your willingness to protect them.

You were about to board the ship after saying goodbye, when a small voice shouted out behind you.

You turned around to see young Hera running towards you, yelling your name. Before you could say a word, she leapt into your arms and wrapped you in a tight hug. "Thank you for saving my parents..and me," she whispered into your hair, "and for believing in me."

You knelt down, setting her feet back on solid ground, "you can do anything you put your mind to Hera," you whispered holding her at arms length.

She smiled at you. You reached into your pocket and held out a small holodisk. "Keep this with you at all times," you explained to her, "Tech rigged it as a communication device." You pointed to a button on the side, "if you ever find yourself in trouble, press this button here and you will be talking to me a few seconds later."

She wrapped you in another hug, tightening her arms around your neck, "thank you, I am so glad you are okay."

You returned her hug and stood up as she bounded away to her parents. Omega ran up behind you and wrapped her arms around your legs. You giggled and turned around, bending over to return her hug. "I missed you too, little one," you said to her.

"I was not sure what to do without you," she whispered into your chest.

You pulled away and wiped her tears with your fingers, "good thing you never have to find out," you assured her.

She opened her mouth to say more, but she was interrupted by Tech shouting from the bay doors of the ship, "we have to rendezvous with Cid soon," he explained, "she sent us a binary transmission hours ago."

You nodded and gestured for Omega to get on board. Hunter helped Omega into the ship, but turned waiting for you.

As you turned to the twi'leks gathered near, you noticed Cham, Eleni and Hera waiting at the front of the crowd. You looked at Hunter and nodded your head to them, he understood and walked to your side as you made your way to the leaders.

Cham held his hand out, which you and Hunter took in turn, "we could never repay you for the kindness you have showed us," he said, "but we have given the amount promised to you and helped load it on your ship."

You smiled at them, "thank you for the money, it will go a long way to make sure that we can get out of this mess."

Eleni nodded, "the empire has not been kind to us either," she explained.

You smiled at her, "if you ever find yourselves in any trouble, you know who to call."

They both nodded, "thank you."

Hunter placed his hand lightly on the small of your back to let you know it was time to go. You gave one last nod to them, and turned around heading back to the ship.

As you walked, you spoke softly to Hunter, "do you think they will be okay?"

He nodded, "they are strong people, I think they could hold their own in any fight, especially now."

You smiled fondly and continued into the ship, strapping in and watching the lights of hyperspace lull you to a deep sleep.