Chapter 15

"Come on Hondo," you strained. You spent the past few days in Hondo's stronghold while his men repaired your ship. The ship was finally fixed and filled with fuel but now you were bartering the other supplies with him.

"I am still running a business here," Hondo explained, "and I have a reputation that cannot be tarnished."

You threw your hands in the air, "what about all the times I defended you, saved you-"

Hondo held up his finger, "all debts that I have paid with useful information."

You sighed, "we just need some food and ammunition, something to sustain us while we figure out where to go."

Hondo sighed too, "I can give you a little of each, I will have some men prepare a cargo vessel with supplies we can spare, but that is it, we are even and all other things must come with proper payment, even from you."

You smiled, "thank you, Hondo."

He returned your smile but waved you off, "yes, yes, but keep it a secret."

You nodded and headed for the door, "I must tell my squad to prepare to leave and to pick up the cargo, I expect you will be out to say goodbye?"

He nodded, "of course, although I always hated watching you leave."

You left him with a wink and informed the others of the deal. "I will prepare to take off," Tech responded. Echo and Omega followed him and Wrecker followed the pirates to help prepare the cargo vessel.

"How did you convince him to do this?" Hunter asked, his arms folded.

"I reminded him of all the times I had to rescue him," you replied. Hunter smiled and you both walked out of the fortress and towards the ship.

-------

Not too long after the cargo vessel was loaded and you were ready to take off. Everyone was aboard the ship except you and Hunter, who waited at the top of the stairs into the ship.

Hondo came walking up to you and gave you a small hug. "Thanks again Hondo, this will help us get settled."

He nodded, "There is something I failed to tell you before," he said, his head hanging a little low. "I do not usually feel remorse, but I know you need all the help you can get."

You waited for him to speak. "I have a friend, well acquaintance on Ord Mantell, she feeds me a lot of information about nearby systems," he explained, "she may be able to help you get imperial credits, she can be quite crafty."

You nodded, "thank you Hondo, we'll give her a visit. Should we not mention that we know you?"

Hondo chuckled, "She can be rough around the edges, but she always likes Hondo."

You laughed, "what is her name?"

"Cid," Hondo responded.

You nodded and walked up the ramp to the ship where Hunter waited for you. Before the door closed you shouted back to Hondo, "if you ever find yourself in need of help, you know who to call."

Hondo smiled and waved a thank you to you before the door closed and you made your way to the cockpit where the others waited.

"Where to, general?" Echo asked.

"Ord Mantell."