Chapter 7

Hunter's POV

He had a bad feeling about leaving general (Y/N) behind and alone, but he pushed it out of his head and confidently strolled through the halls of Kamino.

A trooper stopped them as they were headed to their barracks. "Welcome home, clone force 99, you made it back just in time - there is a mandatory assemble in 10 minutes," the trooper explained.

Hunter nodded at him and then led the squad to the assembly room. After watching a live feed of the new emperor explain what happened on Coruscant, he knew it was a bad idea to leave (Y/N) alone.

"We should leave," Hunter whispered to the others.

"Leaving now is too risky," Echo whispered back.

"Echo is right, leaving now would draw too much attention," Tech whispered.

Hunter shook his head impatiently, but knew they were right. They headed to the mess to eat before heading back to their barracks to gather their things quietly.

As they were sitting down a small girl came bounding up to them, "I was wondering when you were coming back," the girl said excitedly.

The batch glanced around at each other, no one knowing who the girl even was. "Uh.. you were?" Wrecker asked, breaking the silence.

"Yes, my name is Omega," she said bubbly.

"Look kid, it isn't smart for people to hang around us," Hunter said, turning away from the girl.

"But, I'm a defective clone too," Omega said desperately as she ran to the other side of Hunter to look at his face again.

"Great," Crosshair said sarcastically from the other side of the table. He rolled his eyes and got up from the table.

"Crosshair, where are you going?" Echo asked, watching him suspiciously.

"Anywhere but here," he snarled back, walking away from the mess and out the door.

"He's chearry," Omega said jokingly taking a seat next to them.

"Look kid, you don't want to get involved with us," Hunter repeated.

"I came to warn you," Omega said, her face turning somber, "an new imperial officer arrived here, Governor Tarkin, he took an interest in your squad and has been pulling everything from the archives about you. I don't trust him."

"He would hardly be the first to not like us," Tech interjected.

"I heard he plans on running you through a training simulator, but I think he has something else up his sleeves," Omega continued.

Hunter pushed his plate away and stood up, "thanks for the warning, but we can take care of ourselves."

They all walked out the door, leaving Omega to sit by herself in the mess and finish her food.

---

Later that night, the batch attempted to sneak back into the ship. They had meticulously gathered their things and took it to the hanger to load up later. Crosshair still had not come back yet, but the others gathered his things and moved them anyway.

Just as they were about to load things up Omega came running in from one of the side doors. "Hunter, you have to hurry," she shouted, "they know you're leaving!"

Hunter was shocked for a moment before shouting orders, "Tech get the ship ready, Wrecker move these into the ship, Echo come on we have to find Crosshair."

"No!" Omega shouted through sharp breaths, "they enhanced his inhibitor chip, he's coming for you."

Hunter looked hurt and angry at the same time but he stood there for a moment, unsure of what to do.

"Hunter," Omega said quietly, "can I come with you?"

Hunter sighed, "Well I suppose it is no longer safe for you here," he turned to Echo, "get her on board."

Before anyone could move the bay doors opened and Crosshair walked out holding his gun. "I told you it was a bad idea," he growled. A few other squads of troopers arrived behind him and they all began shooting.

Everyone was pinned down by fire and everything Hunter threw at Crosshair he anticipated and countered. Wrecker ran out in the fire to try and cover everyone's escape, but Crosshair got him right in the shoulder and Wrecker dropped to the floor.

Hunter was quickly thinking of ways to get to Wrecker, but knew he would have to be fast. "Echo, get Omega on board," he shouted, "I'm going for Wrecker."

Echo grabbed Omega and started moving her behind crates trying to create a safe path to the ship. Hunter ran for Wrecker, he was able to evade a lot of shots by firing at Crosshair and forcing him to lose focus.

Crosshair was getting closer and closer to hitting Hunter, but suddenly his gun was knocked to the side. He starred up in disbelief as a woman was standing in the doorway of the ship, cape and hair billowing in the wind from the endless storm. Her green saber lit up the whole landing platform, her hand raised from the force push she used to knock aside his gun.

Hunter smiled to himself as he took advantage of the moment and started moving Wrecker. "Focus fire on the Jedi," Crosshair shouted pointing at (Y/N).

She easily blocked all of the shots as she jumped off the ship to let the others walk aboard, "come on!" she shouted, opening a path for them.

Echo helped Omega aboard and came out to help Hunter lift Wrecker inside. After everyone had boarded the ship, you pushed off and landed on the closing door to the ship, taking only a moment to look back at Crosshair sadly.

Crosshair ripped off his helmet in frustration as he watched the ship fly away, and he had no idea where they were going next.