Chapter 23

Happy Reading :) 

"Come here," Lexi barked, to my surprise Ronnie complied. She glanced at me and gave me a reassuring look before facing Ronnie again.

She glared at him and turned on her heel, going down the stairs, he followed her without a look in my direction. I was assured for now that he wouldn't tell my brothers but there was still a chance even with Lexi talking to him he would. I didn't understand what was wrong with those two.

I knew something must have happened for them to have such a weird relationship but I wasn't certain what it was. I turned my attention to something I could fix for the time being.

"What is wrong with you Damon?" I hissed at his nonchalant demeanor.

"What do you mean?" He rolled his eyes.

"You kept trying to provoke him, why were you trying to piss him off on purpose?" I was angry as hell, the more I talked about it the more I realized how messed up the situation actually was.

"So now you're defending him?" He started getting defensive.

"Don't change the subject," I snapped, "Answer me! Do you want him to go tell my brothers? Do you think in some fucked up way that them finding out is going to help this relationship?"

"I'm fucked up? You think me wanting a normal relationship is fucked up?" He yelled.

I immediately stopped, we were having this argument in some random girls empty hallway. He was hurt, I knew he wanted a normal relationship and I couldn't give that to him.

"I'm sorry but you knew what you were getting yourself into, telling my brothers isn't going to help. This isn't some story book where they begin to warm up to the boyfriend, this is my life." I didn't know what else to say, there was a pressure in my chest building up, it was the feeling of dread I couldn't shake off. Was this the end of our relationship? He stepped forward until we were an inch apart.

"I'm sorry," I was surprised to hear those words come out of his mouth, "I know I can't ask that of you and I'm sorry I was provoking him,"

He brought his hand up and cupped my cheek, I leaned into him, inhaling his heavenly scent. He kissed me lightly and briefly.

"I just got a little annoyed that you defended him," He said lowly.

"I didn't defend him, I was just shocked that you were egging him on, you can't just do that you know, he'll tell my brothers," I said softly and he kissed me again. My arms were wrapped around his neck and his around my waist.

"I don't like when he's around you," He said when we broke from our kiss.

"Well he's my brother's best friend, I can't help it," I said brushing off his remark.

"I'm serious," He said again, he brought his lips to my neck and began trailing light kisses.

"He's apart of my life Damon, I can't just cut him off," Damon made a grunt of disapproval against my neck and his kisses began getting rougher.

"I don't want you near him if you can help it," He growled into my ear biting the spot just below my ear. He began a slow teasing trail of kissing and sucking down my neck, it felt so good I hardly remembered what he had said earlier.

"Hmm," I hummed incoherently.

"So you agree?" He spoke, bringing his face to mine.

"Agree to what?" I was still in a daze.

"Not hanging around that asshole," He said as if it was the most normal thing in the world.

"I never said that," I sighed, this was going to be a hard argument.