Chapter 14: Fight Against Burial

(One week later)

Bruce Prichard returned to his duty in creative after he was cleared of his injuries from Luke's Katipunan Clutch, he met with the rest of the department and went over the script for tonight's SmackDown.

Meanwhile, Liv and Luke were making out in the Nomad's locker room, and thankfully the door was locked, so no one can barge in and bother them. Liv was sitting and straddling Luke's lap while they kissed with love.

Liv: so babe, do you have any matches tonight?

Luke: nope, the boss was generous to give me the night off, how about you?

Liv: I have a one on one against Tamina

Luke: you beat Natalya last week, you will beat the other half of the WWE Women's Tag Team Champions

Liv: if only I had a partner

Luke: those idiots made a mistake of releasing Ruby

Liv: yeah, but the thing is, this is my chance to shine as a singles competitor

Luke: speaking of that, there's one Superstar who really is shining, but overlooked like you

Liv: who?

Luke: Cesaro

Liv: oh yeah, I 100% agree

Luke: I may be the lone Nomad, but I would like to work with him

Liv: yeah, imagine a group with all three of us together

Luke: that is a perfect match

Liv: well time for me to get ready for my match

Luke: see you later, babe

Liv smiled and peppered kisses all over his face.

Liv: see you later, handsome

The Jersey native left for her match to elevate her singles career. In Liv's mind, the WWE Women's Tag Team Championship is not what she envisioned, it is something else, that she and even the fans know what they want.

(In the ring)

Tamina was already in the ring waiting for Liv while her partner Natalya helped her get in the game.

(In the back)

Luke was clapping and cheering on Liv as the match started. 

(Back in the ring)

The two women locked up, but Tamina got the advantage early due to her strength and size. Tamina backed Liv up the corner and connected repeated kicks, but the referee did not give her the five count warning, allowing the tag team champion to continue with the kicks.

The crowd were not too happy as they shouted and complained the unfair referee not doing his job.

(In the back)

Luke was a bit annoyed.

Luke: hey referee, do your damn job!

(Back in the ring)

The referee finally did the duty and gave Tamina the warning count. Liv got back up and sidestepped to avoid and incoming charge from her opponent. Then Liv managed to force Tamina down to one knee with a step enziguiri followed by a DDT.

However, as Liv went for the cover, the referee intentionally counted slow, making Tamina kick out at one. Liv complained to the referee, telling him to count fast, but the referee carried on and continued.

(Fast forward)

Liv swept Tamina, making her stumble on the ropes. She then took the chance and hits the ObLIVion. The Jersey native went for the pinfall cover, but the referee counted in a slow motion, allowing Tamina to kick out at two.