Chapter 20: Hostile Show

(Five days later, Friday Night SmackDown)

The arena was only filled at 55% due to the terrible ending at Backlash when Liv Morgan and Cesaro were screwed out of their title matches due to corporate interference from the three headed corporate dragon Vince McMahon, John Laurinaitis and Bruce Prichard.

The upper deck of the arena was fully empty and the live crowd was booing loud right at the moment the show started.

McMahon, Laurinaitis and Prichard made their entrance while the crowd booed heavily at the people who screwed the two stars who earned their way by working hard.

The crowd were chanting a taunt similar from 24 years ago.

Crowd: you screwed Liv! You screwed Liv! You screwed Liv!

Vince: alright, cut my music! Cut it damn it!

Although his music stopped, the crowd still booed loud, almost the exact same level when Roman Reigns defeated the Undertaker 4 years ago at 2017.

Vince tried to speak over while the crowd was still booing.

Vince: now you people want to know why that myself, Mr. Laurinaitis and Mr. Prichard did what we did at Backlash this past Sunday. But I want to address that I didn't appreciate the fact that my ring was filthy from all your disgusting garbage

The crowd booed louder than ever.

Vince: now let's get down to business, the way the SmackDown Women's title match and the Universal title match ended in that controversial finish is because the three of us feel that the likes of Liv Morgan and Cesaro are not the champions that we want to see carry this company forward

The crowd booed loud as they held up signs showing their strong support for the Jersey Problem Child and the Swiss Cyborg.

(In the back)

Luke, the current Intercontinental Champion was watching with a pissed off look on his face as he heard the words insulting his friend Cesaro and girlfriend Liv Morgan.

(Back in the ring)

Vince: now tonight, we will give you a blockbuster main event, so we can forget all that crap from Sunday, a champion vs. champion match. The Intercontinental Champion Luke Ardiente vs. the WWE Universal Champion Roman Reigns

The crowd's reaction was mixed as they were still booing from the events of Backlash, but they were also excited to see a champion vs. champion match as for the first time ever, the Nomad steps in the ring against the Tribal Chief.

Laurinaitis: yeah, you all want that. That is People Power!

The crowd booed loud as Laurinaitis referenced his iron fist gimmick from 2012.

Prichard: as for Liv Morgan, she'll go one on one against Shayna Baszler, and if somehow she wins her match, which won't happen, we may consider giving her a rematch for the SmackDown Women's Championship

(In the back)

Becky was watching the segment and shook her head.

Becky: why not give Liv a title shot rematch instead of putting her in a match? Idiots.

(Back in the ring)

Laurinaitis: and to ensure the match is called down the middle, we'll have Scott Armstrong officiating this match. And speaking of Morgan vs. Baszler, that match is right now!

Shayna Baszler made her entrance as the corporate greed villains exited the ring. The Queen of Spades smirked as she cracked her fists and was waiting for her victim and opponent, Liv.