Chapter 19: Backlash Screwjobs

(Backlash)

Tonight was Backlash and the crowd was hoping for the well deserved title changes along with the card:

Kevin Owens vs. "Happy" Baron Corbin - Singles match

Dominik Mysterio (with Rey Mysterio) vs. Sami Zayn - Singles match

Luke Ardiente (c) vs. Jey Uso - Singles match for the Intercontinental Championship

Becky Lynch (c) vs. Liv Morgan - Singles match for the SmackDown Women's Championship

Roman Reigns (c) vs. Cesaro - Singles match for the WWE Universal Championship

The first match was the one on one between Kevin Owens and the newly rich Baron Corbin, after he managed to strike it rich after he played a bunch of casino games at Las Vegas, reverting from his depressed, dirty, and unkempt self to a rich and clean man.

While the match was going on, Luke was warming up for his title match against the Right Hand Man, Jey Uso. Then he heard a knock on his locker room door.

Luke: it's always open!

The door opened and it was none other than Liv, as she ran and jumped into her boyfriend's arms.

Luke: hey there cutie, are you ready for your title match?

Liv: yes, but I'm also nervous, since this is my very first women's title opportunity in my life

Luke: I know you will do well

Liv: Becky think so too. She said when she returned from maternity leave, I'll be champion

Luke: well Becky is champion, and you got your chance, this will be a promise fulfilled one year in the making

Liv: let's see tonight, I can't wait

Luke: oh yeah, me too

Liv: well I'm gonna go warm up for my match

Luke: yeah okay, I'm gonna warm up too

Liv left Luke's locker room to got warm up and sharpen her mindset and focus for her career defining match.

Meanwhile as for the one on one match between Corbin and Owens, despite distraction from Corbin's associate Madcapp Moss, KO secured a win with a Stunner for the pinfall victory.

(Fast forward)

As for the one on one match between Sami Zayn and Dominik Mysterio, the son of Rey managed to get some revenge against the Great Liberator by nailing a 619 followed by a tribute to Eddie Guerrero with a Frog Splash for the pinfall victory.

Now it was time for the championship match for the Intercontinental Championship as Luke defends against Jey Uso, the Tribal Chief's right hand man. 

(In the ring)

Jey Uso already made his entrance with his mind focused on one mission and that is to bring the Intercontinental title to the Bloodline. Then Luke made his entrance and raised the Ruthless Aggression era title design proudly in the air. The two men stared down at each other as the referee raised the title.

(Match highlights)

Jey and Luke locked up in a test of strength with the Nomad backing Uso up to the corner, until the referee forced him to break the hold.

Luke tried to lock in the Katipunan Clutch, but Jey pushed him to the ropes and catches him with a Samoan Drop for an early pin, but Luke managed to kick out. 

(Fast forward)

Jey attempted for a superkick, but Luke caught his foot and spun him around, but he was caught with a spinning high kick to the head, fazing the Nomad; Luke was on jelly legs as he was barely standing before he was taken down to the corner by Jey with another superkick.