Chapter 18: Chaos Binding Contracts

(One week til Backlash)

Tonight's SmackDown featured three contract signings for the SmackDown Women's title match, the Intercontinental title match and the Universal title match.

The Miami crowd were all ready for the signings as they all know how contract signing segments end.

The first contract signing of the night was the opening segment for the show as the Universal Champion and the Head of the Table Roman Reigns with his special counsel Paul Heyman.

The Tribal Chief made his entrance and he took a seat on the table with a silent, serious look on his face. Then his challenger, the one man who the WWE Universe wanted to be world champion for a long time, the Swiss Superman Cesaro.

The Swiss Cyborg got in the ring all dressed up in a suit and a pair of shades. He then took a seat and stared down at the Tribal Chief and the blue strap Universal title.

Paul: well Mr. Cesaro, on behalf of my Tribal Chief, the reigning and defending and current Universal Champion, allow me to provide you not a prediction, but a spoiler... at Backlash... Roman Reigns will pin you down to the mat 1... 2... 3... and ladies and gentlemen, still your reigning, defending, undisputed Universal Champion... Roman Reigns!

Roman smirked as he signed his signature on the contract and then handed the paper over to the challenger. Cesaro removed his shades and took a mic.

Cesaro: wise words from your special counsel. The same words you used to say for your old client... Brock Lesnar!

Paul put his hand on his forehead in irritation.

Cesaro: this is my first world title opportunity, and everyone here in this arena wants to see me beat you and raised this Universal Champion. I know there's a group of certain whales in the back that doesn't see my full potential, but I will prove them wrong and I will prove you wrong!

Cesaro signed his signature on the dotted line and then threw the packet at Paul and then stared down at Roman before a verbal argument set off. Roman slammed Cesaro's head on the table, fazing the challenger.

Paul got out of the ring and as Roman set up for the Superman Punch. As the Head of the Table went for his signature, Cesaro countered with a big European Uppercut. Cesaro got the champion in position and then executes the Neutralizer, sending Roman through the table. Cesaro got the Universal title and raised it in the air while the crowd cheered loud as they want to see what will hopefully happen.

In the back, Luke was happy that his friend gets the biggest opportunity of his career, a similar journey that Kofi Kingston and Drew McIntyre took when they prove their biggest doubters wrong, the corporate branch of the company.

Luke: now that's how a contract signing in wrestling ends

While a one on one match between Jimmy Uso and Shinsuke Nakamura was ongoing, Liv snuck into Luke's locker room and jumped on his back.

Liv: Lukey!

Luke: hey babe, ready for your contract signing with Becky?

Liv: oh I am, but tonight you won't see your fun and crazy Liv Morgan, you will see me all serious business to prove the doubters wrong

Luke: oh I like how you're determined

Liv: I've been pushed back down so many times now, enough is enough

Luke: taking a win over Becky is big, winning the title is bigger

Liv: I know, and I will make a name for myself tonight

The Nomad smiled and nodded as the match was over which saw Jimmy taking the win after hitting an Uso Splash.

(Few minutes later)