1. Not the M-word

Rhea's POV:

You are almost there Ree come on one last lap and you win. Boosting my confidence I accelerated my bike.
My friends were cheering no were shouting my name at the top of their lungs, freaking out a few people around them as they now stood a few feet away from them.
Focus Ree!
I was almost at the finish line when suddenly there were gunshots and grenade sounds.
Wait for what!?

And then, with a sudden jerk, I woke up from my dream.

Breathing heavily, I rubbed my eyes and realized it was just my alarm ringing. "Not again, Mom," I grumbled, covering my face with my hands.

You see, I'm a heavy sleeper, and my mom changed my alarm tone to this shooting and blasting sound, so I wake up instantly. I usually check it before going to bed, but somehow my mom manages to change it every day.

I really need to change my phone password to stop her from messing with my alarm.

Feeling annoyed, I found my phone and turned off the alarm. Just when I was about to sink back into my comfy pillows and continue my sleep, there was a knock on my door, followed by my Mom's voice.

"Rhea wake up. It's 8 already."

"10 more minutes, please. " My eyes were drooping and I snuggled more into the comfortable warm bed.

"I said now, Rhea!" Mom yelled again.

"Ugh," I groaned pressing my face in between pillows. Throwing off the blanket. I got out of my bed stomping my foot and opened the door.

My Mom stood there with a bright innocent smile. I leaned against the door frame folding my arms and crossing my ankle and faced her with a solemn look.

"Good morning." She chirped as if nothing was wrong.

"You didn't do that again Mom. " I narrowed my eyes accusingly at her who just rolled her eyes in return.

"Well, I sure did. Nikita called last night saying you didn't pick up her calls I guess your phone was on silent. She wanted to inform you that there is a staff meeting. That's why I had to change your alarm ringtone." Mom explained.

Oh.

"Now get ready fast and come down the breakfast is ready." She ordered descending the stairs.

"Okay will be down in 30." I sighed as I leaned my forehead on the door and hit it twice trying to take myself up from the drowsiness.

How did my phone turn silent?

Maybe because you did it so that you can play games peacefully.

Well. Ahem, meet my inner conscience. Who never leaves a chance to mock me.

*Conscience fanning herself wearing glasses*

As I was about to get ready my phone started ringing again. I saw the caller ID it was Nikita. She is my friend from my undergraduate degree. I picked up the call.

"Hello Niki" I greeted her plainly. With no emotion in my voice.

"Bitch why didn't you pick up my calls last night?" she screamed as soon as I picked up.

"Good morning to you too," I replied sarcastically rolling my eyes.

"Answer the question don't try to avoid it." She gritted out clearly pissed at me.

"Well, I was kind of busy you know I had important work." I lied as I started arranging my bed while I spoke to her.

I was playing play station. So I don't like people to disturb me when I play games. By games, I mean not girl games but other kinds like action games.