30. His wife.

An early update as per a few people who asked.
Enjoy!
Do read the previous chapter if you haven't.
Long chapter ahead.
Ps: If this reached you, people, late like in the morning, it's not my fault. I had uploaded it the night before. It's just a Wattpad glitch.
Happy Reading!
--------------------------------------------------------------
Aarav's POV

She fell asleep shortly.

Her baby hairs fell on her forehead as she slept clasping my hand in between her palms.

I just kept staring at her sleeping form not able to sleep.

I tugged the few hairs which fell on her face behind her ear.

A box of mysteries she is.

I wonder what she is hiding behind this strong attitude.

Sometimes she cries remembering something and when asked about it she waves off saying nothing.

With that thought, I fell asleep.

I tried to turn to the other side but I couldn't as something held me from turning. I opened my eyes only to close them immediately as the daylight was bright, my disoriented vision came into focus after a few minutes when I got adjusted to the sunlight, Rhea was cuddled into me sleeping like a koala as both her arms were around my torso and mine around her waist and her head at the crook of my neck as her shallow breath hit behind my ears.

She was practically laying on top of me.

My heartbeat increased each time she exhaled.

I need to get away from here.

Before one of her skills comes into action.

I was about to slip away silently when she moved her face back keeping it on my shoulder and squinted her eyes.

I guess she is waking up.

Shit.

I can't even flee from here.

I quickly closed my eyes pretending to be asleep.

There was a ruffling sound of the blanket as she kicked the blanket on the ground by her feet and then followed 2 minutes of silence.

What is she doing?

I am guessing she didn't open her eyes yet.

After what seemed like hours, I heard a loud gasp followed by a few curses.

Didn't know she could curse so much.

I bet her grey eyes are wide as saucers.

She kept her palm on my chest trying to pull out her other hand from below me which was then curled up around my torso.

I didn't let her.

Then I heard her murmur 'how did we end up like this?' as I felt her strong gaze on me.

I pulled her down with my arms which were wounded her waist with closed eyes and she fell on my chest with a gasp.

I restrained the grin that threatened to escape my lips.

This is fun.

Then again the room fell into silence.

Then I felt her run her fingers along my face sides.

I groaned internally.

She needs to stop doing that.

It was taking a lot of self-control not to squirm under her feather-like touch.