52. Enigma

Make sure you have read the previous chapter. Because if you didn't you won't understand this chapter.

Enjoy Reading Peeps!
------------------------------------------------------

Rhea's POV

I whispered, "Samaira?" She paused, her eyes widening in surprise as my words easily identified her.

"You recognized?" She asked back in whispered disbelief.

"Of course! I did." I exclaimed in a high-pitched voice as I ridiculed her assumption.

She looked different.

She was never a fan of long hair. But now she has a long one. Like her Twin sister.

Her attitude was the same that I could say.

Cold, uncaring, unbothered and with the attitude of I-can-do-everything. Bitch.

But there was something different in her eyes.

Some kind of emotion. Which I have never witnessed in her eyes.

It looked like she had lost the little bit of warmth she had in her.

We just stared at each other few more seconds, speechless to meet her after such a long time when my hands started to hurt from her tight grip on them.

"Now if you can let go of me," I said in a strained voice trying to conceal the pain in my voice.

I will never show pain and accept defeat in front of her. Because it just feeds her mountain-sized ego more.

"Oh." She muttered quickly stepping back from me.

See, she didn't even say sorry.

I rubbed my hands muttering a mock thank you to her glaring while she stood there awkwardly looking around as she tried to ease the tension but failed.

One thing she couldn't do is communicate.

She lacked the skill of communication with her close ones. She was never good at it. It made her look like a detached person though she cared for her close ones.

She reminds me of Aarav.

A female version of Aarav.

I stared at the knocked masked man on the floor once when suddenly I remembered.

I replayed the words she said a few moments back in my mind. 'You recognized?'.

My face immediately snapped in her direction to see her already watching me with curiosity.

"Why did you attack me?" I asked her trying to contain my anger and her eyes widened a tad bit.

When she knew who I was then why the heck would she attack me?

"Defence?" She defended herself in a mock It-was-a-mistake tone with a sorry but her eyes said something else as her eyes danced with mirth.

But I knew she was anything but sorry.

"Just drop that tone. I know you are anything but sorry." I gritted out snapping my finger at her irritated.

She chuckled lowly at that as she raised her hands in surrender.

"If you knew who I was why would you attack? And who the hell is he?" I asked furiously pointing at the man and then continued, my frustration growing "What the fuck are you doing here? And for god sake remove that mask it's giving me murderer vibes." I said to her pissed. My mind ran a mile with thoughts to understand the situation. My heart was erratic.