4. Why god why me!?

NOTE: So there is a small change. I changed the name of the female protagonist. It's "RHEA". For new readers, you may not know the changes but old ones will know it.

Happy Reading!

--------------------------------------------------------------

Rhea's PoV:

I was sleeping peacefully after a wonderful evening. Yes, note the sarcasm. My phone buzzed with a specific ringtone which indicates it is from the hospital. I quickly glanced at the clock rubbing my eyelids it was 5 in the morning. Reaching for my phone I picked up and answered in a sleepy tone.

"Hello?"

"Hello, Ma'am. Samantha here." my assistant answered her voice urgent. Currently, she was interning under me for general surgery.

"Yes, Sam." by now I was wide awake I know when her voice is like this that means it's an emergency case. Quickly getting up from my bed I made my way towards my cupboard with the phone pressed between my shoulder and ear. I took out a t-shirt and joggers and made my way toward the bathroom. Putting my phone on speaker I kept it on the counter.

"Ma'am there is an accident case. The hospital staff called me saying they are understaffed as the night shift doctors left early and they asked me to inform you and they want you to reach there as soon as possible. I am on my way ma'am." She said in one go frantically.

"Okay, I am on my way, Sam. If you reach before me get the O.T ready. Check the patient's vitals, blood pressure, and everything else. " I said as I came out of the bathroom wearing my clothes.

"Yes ma'am." I hung up keeping my phone in my pocket. Taking my bag and bike keys I quickly dashed to my parent's room. I knocked slowly on their room door. My mom opened the door yawning.

"What happened Rhea? You woke up so early. Any emergency case? Wait I will make a quick breakfast for you." she murmured moving towards the kitchen.

"Mom-mom relax it is the usual. I don't have time for breakfast. Can you just lock the door?" I asked her as I stopped her from going to the kitchen.

So much care.

"But you will faint if you even skip one meal in your day," She said concerned.

Yes, I faint very easily even if I skip one meal in a day.

That's my special talent.

So I always carry chocolates with me so as not to break my face if I don't have any of my meals. Once in my childhood, I fainted in my school morning prayer and I got my nose heavily injured as I planted my face on the ground hard. I am weak if you consider my health. So my parents ensure that I have all three meals.

"But mom I have chocolates with me. I will have one before going into the O. T." I went behind my mom as I saw her already moving downstairs to the kitchen.

"Okay, I will have breakfast in the canteen as soon as I finish my surgery," I suggested. She glared at me as she reached the kitchen. I gulped.

The volcano is about to erupt.

"You are not having the canteen food." she said in a no-nonsense tone emphasizing 'the canteen food' and started taking ingredients.

Looking at the ingredients I was sure I was going to be late. I saw my watch it was already 5:10 a.m biting my lower lip I looked around and found a bread packet. Quickly taking two pieces of bread from the packet I hurriedly walked to the main door munching it.

"I am getting late Mom. Bye." I yelled as I ran out towards the elevator and pressed the down button finishing my bread.

My mom stood there with her hands on her hips glaring at me. Smiling sheepishly at her I finished my bread. Waving at her I entered the elevator and pressed the ground floor button and quickly called Sam to check on the patient.