Chapter 18 : Acatalepsy

When philipia woke up, she was on the bed with her arm now fully wrapped with a new bandage.

She examined it for a moment before she sat up in a daze.

Maharlika spoke, “I've wrapped it with a new bandage, unfortunately the stitches snapped so I had to remove them”

Philipia didn't reply. Even so, maharlika continued.

“Today, you were reckless, you could've just walked away. Silly girl, do you want to go back to the hospital? Your grades will drop if you continue to be like this, do you want that?”

Maharliaka's voice was soft and gentle, like the wind during spring. Even though he was scolding her, it sounded as though he was trying to coax her instead.

Philipia sighed and took a deep breath before she got off the bed. “thanks... Though, a low grade really doesn't bother me...”

Philipia can be considered average. She was never a genius nor good at studying. But because of martial, she had to work hard and store information in her head even if she has to force it. If the war didn't come to her country, philipia could've had average grades.

She never really wanted to be on first or second place. In fact, the ones who has good memorization skills to the point it's almost photogenic is Greg and Martial. The only reason why she can memorize fast is because of martial's harsh training.

Before, she memorize 120 pages in 1 minute. Those 120 pages contain 300 poems and 3 thousand words. Whilst Greg and Martial can memorize anything for 2 seconds.

Philipia almost wanted to give up but she couldn't give up. Thus, she worked hard day in and day out.

Now, she can memorize anything for a few second; but if she deem it useless, she can throw it away and permanently forget it the next day.

Jack was awoken by the smell of breakfast and couldn't help but open his eyes and walk towards the dining table like a zombie with a lack of limbs.

He stared at the delicious set of breakfast. Chorizo, egg, fried rice with tomato and diced meatloaf, thick egg soup and a steaming hot coffee.

Philipia came out of the kitchen carrying a pan. She wore the autumn uniform that was now changed, an apron with the words ‘best uncle ever’. She tilts the pan a little and let the hotdogs roll towards the plate.

Jack felt his mouth water, “Uhhh... g-good morning”

Philipia greeted back. Although she smiled, jack couldn't see it due to the mask. “good morning”

Even though she has a small cut on her lip and a small bruise on her cheekbone due to Italy's punches. The mask however was unscate and still remained sturdy and smooth.

She thought. ‘This mask is not only convenient but also a protection’

°

°

°

°

Jack and philipia walked to school together, although Jack had to head to his office and philipia went to her classroom.

Along the way, she receive many gazes and look of curiosity.

Luckily, philipia didn't feel too awkward because of the mask.

“MAPLE SYRUP!!!!!” a loud roaring voice called her from behind. Philipia flinched and looked back but was immediately greeted by a tight hug that seems to squeeze the life out of her.

Canada cried, “MAPLE SYRUP! YOU DON'T KNOW HOW MUCH I MISSED YOU AND HOW MUCH I WANTED TO VISIT YOU!!!!!”

Philipia couldn't really understand when she was busy fighting for her life. “c-c-canada! A-ai-a-aiii-aiirrr!!”