Chapter 58 : The lovers

Spain stirred the helm of the boat, looking into the endless ocean that's stretched out as far as the eye can see.

Japan changed his clothes and went to Philipia's side where she was placed on the floor with some bedding and sheets that they found from the hull. He kneeled besides her and bent his finger to caress her cheek.

“She must've been so exhausted.”

Spain replied while scanning the sea. “Can you call Egypt and Nepal? Use my phone.” He takes out his phone and toss it towards Japan who caught it with one hand.

Japan began to dial their number (he memorized them), and sat next to Philipia while playing with a strand of her hair.

Spain was keeping an eye out when he noticed something from the distance. There was a tall tower of smoke emanating from a broken helicopter that was half sunken, with five leaders were on top.

Spain increased the speed and finally saw his companions, safe.

Japan had just finished the call with Egypt and gave back Spain his phone.

“Found them.” Spain said.

Japan got out of the control room and leaned on the deck railings, watching the five leaders waiting like children for their parents. The boat stopped in front of them and he chuckled, “Are you supposed to be mermaids or beluga whales?”

Malaysia, hugging a broken Gatling gun, rolled his eyes. “Ha, ha, ha. Funny Japan! Funny! Hurry up and drop the anchor and get us out of here!”

Indonesia stood up and held on to the stern of the back of the boat. “Get in.”

Malaysia jumped inside first and plopped down on the deck. Following that were Vietnam, Laos, Brunei, and Indonesia who were in the same condition.

Laos regulated his breath for a moment before asking, “Where's Philipia?”

Hearing her name, the rest of them looked at Japan. “You got her out?” Vietnam excitedly inquired, his eyes twinkling in joy.

Japan nodded. “We did, she's inside the control room, asleep. Careful not to wake her up.”

Vietnam, Malaysia, and Indonesia ran inside the control room the moment Spain went out. He walked over to the three. “What now?”

“What do you mean, what now?” Brunei asked.

Japan sighed and answered, “Joe was left behind.”

Brunei and Laos were shocked.

“America? Why?!” Brunei exclaimed, his crossed arms dropping to his side.

Spain began to recount what they went through and what had happened. Philipia's fall, America being caught by Martial, Martial dragging America back, Philipia stopping Japan from going...

While Spain was retelling the events, Brunei and Laos' expression were solemn—even Japan, who already knew what had happened, wore the same dark expression.

“Philipia must have a plan...” Laos gauged.

Brunei leaned on the railings and watched the helicopter they were just on slowly sink to the bottom of the sea.

Japan glanced at it and couldn't help wondering, “What happened to you guys?”

Brunei peered at him, responding through gritted teeth, “Who else if not Russia and Atlantis?”

Japan was startled. “Russia? Why is Russia there?” unknowingly, he ignored Atlantis' name. He wasn't even close nor did he even meet the man personally.