Mandela Effect : Prologue

Life is short; Is what they always say. That's why I did everything while I was still breathing.

I'm philia, a country-master.

Meaning?

I'm what you call a president but at the same time I'm the country itself. Sometimes people call us immortal leaders.

Why?

Because we don't grow old, like having wrinkles and weak, brittle bones - no.

We do get sick - yes; but we can't die unless something kills us. We can't die cause of old age, because we don't age at all.

Confusing, yes I know but. Let's say, we are born, our flags are created, only country-masters can harness the land and implement as the flag itself. We grow from infant, child, early teens, late teens, early adult, and late adult. And that's that, that's where it stops. Because as long as the people remember us, we don't die.

But like I said, it doesn't mean nothing can kill us.

Like me, I'm a country-master. Third daughter of Perla ( the first pearl of the orient sea ) and Kati; my papa and mama.

I'm also the youngest, because I have my older brother Gregorio del Pilar and my twin who's older than me; Martial Law.

During our time, our parents died, unfortunately. But we three lived, and together we helped our country prosper.

Of course with the help with some good old friends, my friends who helped us changed for the better.

The world was finally in balance.

Why?

Because multiple associations gathered up in one place to knock some senses to all of us, to stop all the fightings and wars and everything bad...

And it did.

But everything became peaceful after many deaths, including my butler Davao.

Yet his death was not in vain, because of his hardships and loyalty. Everything was finally at peace.

And it didn't take long for me to follow.

I was sick, really, really sick...

I couldn't move, I couldn't sit up, I couldn't even eat properly, but the people in my house and country made sure I was pampered, they made sure I was taken care of.

Ahh, I was bedridden for months, and all I could do was stare at the ceiling and cry - praying and just wishing to get it over with.

It was painful, but my brothers made sure it wasn't, physically yes, but emotionally? No...

I was happy, overjoyed and just satisfied.

And in my final moments, I sighed one last time before darkness consumed me.

Weird, even if I can no longer feel anything, I can no longer feel my body, I can still hear kuya Greg's ugly cries and sobbing - of course I know Kuya martial is in pain too, but he doesn't like to show it, cause he knows I hate to see both of them cry, I hate to see them in emotional pain because of me.

But I guess he still couldn't contain it, because I heard him break stuffs because I finally died.

It didn't take long for all of it to fade into nothingness.

I felt cold, I felt lonely, I felt alone. I just wish I could be with mama and papa already; Davao, take me already, take my soul and take me to my parents.

°

°

°

°