Chapter 44

【 There will be depiction of sexual violence, abuse, incest, and intentional rape. Please don't read any further and ask for a spoiler instead if you don't want to feel uncomfortable. Thank you ( ◜‿◝ )♡ 】

____________________

When Philipia arrived home, she went to her room and was about to change her clothes when she stop in-front of the full body mirror. She noticed the black shawl wrapped around her waist before she pulled it out and examine it.

The shawl was soft and had a very good texture. It was thick but it didn't feel heavy and it had a bit of lace design. Philipia put it on over her head and adjusted it for a bit. She covered the upper part of her face while the lower part expose, giving her a sense of deja Vu.

Aside from that, the veil was very comfortable. She takes it off along with her clothes and put it in the washing machine and left it there to wash and dry for 60 minutes then changed to a more comfortable outfit.

She went to the fridge and thought about what to cook when she recalled Filipia cooking curry for her friends on one occasion. Even if there were a bit of muscle memory, she still ended up burning herself, cutting her finger with a knife, crying from the onion, and even forgot to dry the pan before putting the oil and ended up with a fireworks display of water and oil colliding.

“……”

She's not fit to be a cook.

She stared at the black mass of unknown food in the bowl and didn't hesitate to spread it on a baking sheet, baked it until it became crisp and crunchy, broke them into small square pieces, went outside, and fed the birds that was immediately attracted to the smell and flocked around her.

Philipia threw the bits and pieces of food and even saved a small amount of the unknown food, mixed it with rice and fed it to the stray cats and dogs that were hiding not far from her.

Fortunately, the animals still ate it.

Philipia went back inside after doing all of those, grab her keys and took a jacket this time after hearing south's comments about not wearing a jacket. She zipped it up all the way to her neck and left the house, going straight to a small restaurant that was just a 10 minute walk from her home.

Seeing that there wasn't that much people, she fixed her mask in place, pulled the collar up from her jacket and went inside to order a takeout.

Finally home again, she poured the takeout in a plate and was about to eat her dinner when her door was knocked three times.

Philipia frowned. She put her fork down, quietly slipped back in the kitchen, took a shotgun under the sink as well as a kitchen knife from the drawers.

“Who is it?” she asked but received no response. Instead, the person behind the door knocked again three times, this time, it was a bit slower and more patient.

Philipia felt something was wrong. Nobody knows where she lives except for Tethys, but if it was Tethys, he would've long answered—not knock on the door for the second time.

“I said who is it?!” she exclaimed. Her voice loud and clear. Her expression was cold and expressionless. None of the cute reactions she showed to South earlier.

Suddenly, the door was kicked open and Philipia didn't hesitate to throw the knife at the person. But that person caught the knife in a timely manner and threw it back at her.

Philipia quickly dodged and rolled on the side, loading her shotgun, she aimed at the person and pulled the trigger.

Bang—! Bang—! Bang—!