Chapter 28 : I almost wanted to push you against the wall and embrace you.

“So you haven't met your association leader and this was your first meeting?” Egypt asked.

Philipia sat besides him right outside the tent, looking through the dense trees surrounding them. The tent was big enough to accommodate 10 people. If one is wondering what a tent is doing here, the answer would be because of a club; Egypt's club. Although there is a school garden and school greenhouse; but because Egypt's plants are either poisonous or dangerous that he had to make himself another greenhouse made out of a tent and a heater inside.

Philipia sighed while rubbing her arm with her thumb, she said, “Brother martial never really made me attend those meetings. I didn't even know Malaysia and Indonesia before— well, I did heard about them but I never really met them personally. Not until I attended the academy.”

Egypt held his chin and wondered, “But it's weird though, why won't your brother let you attend any meetings?”

Philipia was quiet. Behind her two holed mask, she bit her lower lip as she thought of the reason. “Because I wasn't ready, and I couldn't face any other leaders. I mourned for a decade, and in those decades, I trained myself to the point my bones felt like breaking.”

Egypt nodded in understanding, he grab a handful of snow on the chair they are sitting on and shape it into a ball, “When I was little, my father once told me that there are 5 stages of grief; the first stage is denial, then anger, bargaining, depression and lastly acceptance. Although what happened in the past is really saddening, but it is also because of it that we can learn something.”

Nepal, who remained inside the tent, listened to their conversation and couldn't help but pause his work.

Philipia lowered her head, she said, “no matter. The dead has already passed, we don't have to keep on dwelling on it.”

Philipia stood up, dusted a few snow from her skirt and fixed her mask. She turn to Egypt and said, “Thanks egypt.”

“May the heavens be with you, anuket.”

Philipia smiled, although Egypt couldn't see it, he could feel it. She walked back inside the tent and wave Nepal a goodbye before she turn towards the forest.

Nepal came out of the tent, and said, “I thought there were 6 stages of grief.”

Egypt raised his brows, he asked, “What? Since when? What's the sixth?”

Nepal replied, “Revenge.”

*

Philipia walked back to her classroom and saw Atlantic sitting on her seat. Anyways, it doesn't even matter where she sits, the classroom is practically empty now, only leaving the leaders inside— well, except Japan, because he left.

He didn't leave anything, nor a note nor even took his belongings in his room. But the last person who saw him and spoke to him was her.

Philipia looked at the empty desk, imagining the cheerful Japan waving at her and would excitedly run to her and show her a few cat videos.

China saw philipia arrived and called her over. Philipia went and stood before his desk. China takes his bag and took a brown folder from it and handed it to the female leader, he explained, “The things you need to know about your ancestor.”

Philipia examines the brown folder before she takes it. China added, “And also about the thing you asked.”

Philipia nodded and thanked China before she took a sit to where Japan used to sit. She put the brown folder in her bag and leaned back on her chair.

The classroom didn't have any civilian students, just 6 leaders sitting there, waiting for something, or simply killing time.

Spain put his phone away and observed philipia's back. No matter how obvious it was, he couldn't bring himself to talk about it. Philipia finally took her last baptism, and only a few people can tell— including him.