Chapter 48 : It's time to move on

Philipia woke up with a feeling like her body had been run over by a truck. It wasn't painful but it felt like her body was tossed and turned all over the place.

Before she could tidy herself up, there was a knock on her front door. “Philipia? Are you awake?”

Philipia groaned and massage her forehead as she got up from her bed. “Who is it?” She called.

Can someone let her sleep? She deserves the rest of the day.

“It's China. Can I come in?”

Philipia blinked a few times. She doubted for a second before hastily wearing her bathrobe and covering her head with a towel.

Philipia tiptoed towards the front door and peeked at the peephole. “W-why are you here?” she asked.

China, standing outside, pursed his lips. “I was worried,” he answered.

Philipia stood in front of her front door. She listened to the tone of concern in China's voice before opening a small gap in the door. “It's just... you, right?”

China smiled as he saw the small head peeking out. It was like coaxing a timid cat to come out of its hiding spot. But this timid cat can wrestle with him and he'll lose... For sure.

“Egypt wanted to come but something came up and Nepal had to watch over the greenhouse. The coldest of time in Tethyria is coming.”

Philipia looked at the smoke coming out of his lips every time he speaks. She was in a daze for a second before snapping out of it. She hesitantly opened the door with a quiet creaking sound.

Seeing the door that opened to welcome him in, albeit hesitant, China was still relieved. On the way here, he was worried Philipia might refuse his visit since this wasn't the ‘Philipia’ everybody knows.

Thinking about Belarus' words. He cast his worried gaze at the youth who covered her head with a towel, shoulders raised, and the bathrobe tightly held.

Philipia, sensing his gaze, felt nervous and ashamed. But still, as the owner with a guest in her house, she accommodated and gestured for him to take a sit. “I'll make you some coffee.”

China softens his gaze. He never liked coffee. Nonetheless, he nodded and took a seat, “Thank you. Black coffee is fine.”

Philipia gave a nod and went to the kitchen. Listening to the sound of a tea kettle, water, and various other porcelains clicking, China felt a sense of warmth and thought this is what a ‘home’ must feel like.

China couldn't help himself but loosen his tense muscle and slowly sink onto the soft sofa. He heard the sound of a teaspoon clicking on the mug, Philipia must be putting the coffee now; the kettle correspondingly whistled, reminding her that the water's boiling, then the sound of water being poured on the cup sounded, that constant pouring was hypnotizing it made China yawn and was tempted to close his eyes and sleep.

The ambiance and atmosphere were just right it gave the illusion of peace. The kitchen was the type of open area so he could see what was happening. He looked at Philipia's back which looked small and fragile, but he knew that she was far from being fragile. She wasn't some kind of porcelain that could shatter with a drop

When Philipia was done preparing the coffee, she saw the country leader, who was one of her oldest trading partners, asleep on her couch—very comfortably.

Philipia: “……”

Philipia quietly placed the tray on the coffee table and observed China's sleeping face. He looked so comfortable, peaceful, and relaxed. He must've been so tired. Thinking of his feelings for Filipia and his worried attitude since early in the morning, she felt like it was only natural to be tired.