Rain equals to pain?

Bondita's POV

I laid on the bed while my hair was touching the floor and my head was almost hanging from the bed.My hair made subtle movements with the cold breeze.All the windows and the door were shut,only one window was open through which the glistening moonlight was entering my room and falling on my face.I wanted to go and close it so that my room becomes dark just like my whole life.Yes I will have to lead my whole life in darkness,darkness of sorrow.My eyes were wide open and I was staring at the ceiling.Those eyes could no longer be called eyes,they were just a pair of glass which had a dark black round ball in its centre.Tears flowed down from my eyes sideways as I squeezed them slightly.My whole body was stiff and my hands were holding a picture, picture of both of us in barrister robes.I brought the picture closer and pressed it to my chest.The person who had once hold my tiny fists and taught me to fly can never hold my hands again.The person with whom I interwined my fingers and who never let me fall down can never interwine his fingers with mine.Just some days and I will be someone else's....no.... even thinking of this is painful.

Suddenly I heard a knock at the door. I quickly stood up and hid the picture behind the pillows,rubbed off my tears and switched on the lights before opening the door.

"Arey arey jaldi aao Rimjhim bahu. Itna saar kaam hain."Thakumaa entered my room in a hurry.I hope Maa isn't here.Because no matter how much I try,I can't hide my tears from her.And I can't let anyone know that I am weak.

"Arey Bondita tu waha kyun khadi hain?Yaha aa aur dekh ki kitne saare gehene aur kapde laayi hun main tere liye."I rolled my eyes.What does Thakumaa thinks?Does she think that I am interested in all these ornaments?I faked a smile and sat on the bed.Thakumaa asked me,"Dekh to zara Bondita,kaunsa wala kapda tujhe pasand aaya?"

"Saare ache hain,koyi bhi chalega."I said disinterested but faking a constant smile on my face.

"Aise kaise chalega?Dekh ki kaunsa zyada pasand aaya."She again asked. Unless I choose one she will not let me go.So I pointed towards a random jewellery and cloth.

"Thik hain.Aur haa Bondita kal teri aur Neel ki sagai hain.Kal subah hume mandir jaana hain.Tyaiyaar rehena."Saying this she went out.I immediately closed the door.

But I again heard a knock on the door.I opened it and found maa.I immediately turned the other side,not wanting to face maa.I can hear her closing the door.I went towards the bed and lied down,covering my body and face with the duvet.Maa sat beside me and patted my head.Her touch was making me emotional. Tears rushed down through my eyes. My eyes were almost red and swollen due to continuous crying.

"Apni maa se baat nahi karegi tu?"She asked me.I can sense her crying.But I didn't response.

"Gussa hain apni maa se?"Again I gave no response.

"Baat nahi karegi mujhse?"She again asked.Upon not getting my response, she said me,"Thik hain.Jab apni maa se baat karne ka mann ho tab chale aana."Saying this she was about to get up but I immediately wrapped my hands around her torso and broke down."Maa....tu....tu...mujhe chod kar maat jaa..."I tried to speak in between my loud sobs.She placed my head on her lap and started patting my head.Her tears fell on my head,giving me blessings.

"Nahi beta.Teri maa tera saath kabhi naho chodega."I hid my face in her lap,trying to find comfort in them.My warm and salty tears were wetting her saree.A silence prevailed in the whole room,only the sounds of my faint sobs were audible.Maa broke the silence,"Beta...bhul jaa tu Anirudh babu ko."Hearing this I immediately looked up to meet her eyes.

She held my chin and said,"Haan Bondita.Tere liye yeh hi sahi hoga. Bhul jaa unhe."

"Kaise maa?"I asked in my shaky voice.