Right decision?

Anirudh's POV

It is ten p.m. and I am going to Neel's house.Everyone in the house is asleep now.Thakumaa would certainly not allow me to leave the house before I complete all my works,even after completing all my works,as I am the servant of Das Haveli.So I had to leave the house in the dead hours of night. Otherwise,leaving the house under Thakumaa's strict gaze on me all the time,would be impossible.I tried my best to manage Bondita for going with me.But she refused.She didn't even tell me the reason.Now I have to go all alone.I,very quietly,descended down stairs and tip-toed my way towards the main door.As I was about to open the door,I felt someone's hand being placed on my mouth to prevent me from making any noise. That hand,dragged me behind a pillar and pinned me to it.When the hand was removed from my mouth,I saw Bondita.I sighed in relief as I thought it to be Thakumaa or Rimjhim Kaki.

"Bondita,aisa kaun karta hain?"I scolded her,wiping off the sweat that appeared on my temple.

But she ignored my question and asked me instead,"Darwaze se bahar kyun jaa rahe the aap?Koyi dekh leta to?Aur waise bhi darwaza bandh hain.Itna to pata hi hoga aapko,ki sone se pehele darwaza bandh karke soya jaata hain.Phir darwaze se kaise bahar niklenge aap?"

I looked at the floor at her question. She is indeed right.I can't get out of the closed door,like a ghost.So what shall I do now?I thought and brought the same question to my lips,"Ab kya karu main Bondita?"

She looked here and there and then suddenly jumped in excitement. "Haan.Chaliye."She said and dragged me somewhere.I wonder where she was taking me.We reached her room and there was a big window.Why has she taken me here?

"Tum mujhe yaha kyun laye ho Bondita?"I asked confused.

"Iss khirki se niche kud jayiye."She instructed,leaving me wide eyed.My mouth widened too.What is she saying?Is she mad?

"Yeh kya keh rahi ho Bondita?"

She creased her eyebrows and said, "Agar aapko Neel ke ghar jaana hain to kud jayiye yaha se.Warna apne kamre mein jaa kar so jayiye."She then folded her arms across her chest and stood leaning her back against the wall,to watch what I would do. I looked at her then at the window and at the ground.Should I jump?The height is not much.So I can.Right? Anirudh Roy Choudhury can do everything.I looked at her for the last time and she again creased her eyebrows,not being able to comprehend my next actions.

I took the support of the wall and with great cautious,jumped.For a moment it felt like I am gonna end.I felt something hard beneath my leg.It was the ground.I almost threw myself on the ground.My eyes were closed and my hands and legs were shivering.I opened my eyes and looked at my body,to see whether I hurt myself.There was not even a single scratch on my body.I sighed in relief. Suddenly I heard sounds of giggles.I looked up and found Bondita, laughing at me.I too couldn't resist my laughter and laughed with her.If we would be alone in a room,I would surely laugh more loudly.But now I am standing on the road and if I laugh loudly,people will obviously think that I have been possessed my some kind of witch.I again looked at her who showed me her thumbs and wished me a good luck.I smiled at her and then set off for Neel's house.

I reached Neel's house when it was twelve.They must be asleep,aren't they?It seemed wrong for me to disturb them.But I had to.I pressed the calling bell and waited outside. After a few seconds,the door was opened and Neel's mother was standing,in a white saree.

"Zamindaar babu,aap?"She looked confused.I didn't like when someone, especially elder than me calls me Zamindaar babu.I am like her son and here she is calling me Zamindaar babu.

"Main andar aa sakta hun kya?"

"Haan ayiye na."She said and I entered their house.My eyes automatically roamed around the whole house.