Answering the Questions

Bondita's POV

Barrister babu was narrating everything to me,what happened in Neel's house,when we are sitting in the balcony,as he got some off from his work.As he was proceeding further,I became more curious.I supported my chin with palm and my elbow was placed on my thigh.After finishing he took a deep sigh and I was sitting in the same position with widened eyes.I was so engrossed in thoughts that couldn't hear him calling my name for several times.I came back to reality when he shook me,"Bondita...."I jerked off suddenly. He was moving his hand in fromt of my face,"Kaha kho gayi Bondita?"

I looked at him blankly and asked him,"Aap ne ussey sach keh diya?"

"Haan Bondita.Kyunki yeh shaadi uski hain,aur yeh sach ussey chupana sahi nahi hoga.Isiliye maine bata diya Bondita."He said and I gave his words a bit thought and he was indeed not wrong.

"Waise Bondita,Tapur janti to hain na yeh sab.Uski marzi to hain na iss vivaah mein?"He asked me seriously.

"Haan.Maa me kaha ki Thakumaa aur Rimjhim kaki ne aaj subah hi baat ki thi ussey."

"Bondita......"A sudden shout came from Thakumaa.He immediately took his hand back that was placed on top of mine,without my notice.I stood up and gestured him to go.He quickly went away while I sighed in relief.

"Kya kar rahi thi yaha tu Bondita?" Asked Thakumaa.I think she hasn't noticed Barrister babu.

"Woh...main...main baithi thi yaha."I stammered,looking at the floor.

"Aaj shaam ko Tapur ko dekhne aane wale hain Neel ke ghar se,abhi abhi phone karke bataya Neel ki maa ne. Aur tu yaha par baithi hain.Jaa aur jaa kar kaam kar.Tupur khana banayegi aur tu ghar saaf kar.Jaa...." She gestured me with her hands to go. I nodded my head and went inside. Thank God she didn't start giving her lectures.Otherwise her lectures would never be over.

It was evening when I was passing by Tapur's room.Thakumaa and Rimjhim Kaki were making Tapur wear the jewelleries.Tapur was looking at the floor,not even looking at her reflections in the mirror.I walked upto them and when Thakumaa noticed me,she said,"Arey Bondita,aa naa.Dekh kitni sundar lag rahi hain Tapur."She said holding her chin while Tapur forced a smile.Why is she so upset?Was she forced for this marriage?

"Jhooth bolu to jaan le lo meri," Rimjhim kaki started,"Tupur ki shaadi to ho gayi,Tapur ki bhi hone hi wali hain ab aapki ek aur poti kab shaadi karegi Saasu maa."Her words were intended for me.I rolled my eyes unless Thakumaa decided to join in.

"Sahi keh rahi hain tu Rimjhim bahu. Apni behen ki shaadi karane mein lagi hui hain,par khudki shaadi ke baare mein ek baar bhi nahi sochti woh."

"Pata nahi Saasu maa, humare ghar pe hi kyun sab ashubh log rehete hain.Pehele vidhwa maa aur phir Bin vyaah beti."Rimjhim kaka mocked us.

"Kaki...."I shouted but my voice was slow,"Aapko mere baare mein jo bhi bolna hain boliye,par meri maa ke baare mein ek shabd bhi nahi sunungi main."

"Iski adaat daal le Bondita.Kyunki agar jaldi shaadi nahi ki na tune,to sab log yahi kehenge."

"Maa...."Tapur interrupted Kaki."Aaj ke din koyi jhagra maat kijiye.Aaj agar didi na hoti to meri shaadi bhi nahi ho pati.Mujhe bhi log Binvyaah keh kar bulate.Aaj mere liye,ta ki mujhe dukh na sehena pade isiliye didi itna kuch kar rahi hain,aur aap unhe hi baate suna rahi ho."

Rimjhim kaki rolled her eyes and went out of the room.Thakumaa said to me,"Bondita,yeh gehena pehena dena Tapur ko.Main dekh ke aati hun waha sab kuch tyaiyaar hain ya nahi." She said and went away.I picked up the green bangles from the table and took her hands in mine and made her wear them.