Insult of Women

Bondita's POV

Picking up the pen and a paper from the table I kept them in my bag. Closing its chain,I hang it on my shoulder and turned to the Dugga idol to take blessings."Dugga Maa, ashirvaad dijiye mujhe ta ki main apne kaam mein safal rahu."

Leaving behind a sigh,I opened the door and made my way downstairs where everyone were present.It has been two days since Tapur's marriage and all the guests have left.Only Maa, Thakumaa,Rimjhim Kaki and Barrister Babu were present there and among them only Patibabu welcomed me with a bright smile and again busied himself in work.Maa shared a nervous glance with me while the other two rolled their eyes.

I have already let them know what my plans are but Thakumaa didn't give it much concentration and told me not to do any mischiefs for ruining her honour.Maa have tried to stop me more than two times as it would be great risk for me.

Why are they so tensed?Am I gonna steal the documents from the Britishers or gonna sign it illegally?Barrister Babu was the only one who supported me,though we didn't talk in these two days or he didn't utter any consoling words,his bright smile was enough to tell me that he is satisfied with what I will be doing.

I went to Maa and took her blessings while she gave me a nervous look which depicted a concerned look as well.She placed her hand on my head and then moved it to my chin before squeezing it a bit.

I took blessings from Thakumaa and Rimjhim Kaki as well and both of them placed their hands on my head, quite unwillingly.It was my duty to take their blessings and I don't care whether they bless me whole heartedly.

Next I looked at Barrister Babu who was busy in his work and did not pay any heed to anything around him.I went near him and kneeled down before forwarding my hands to touch his feet when hesitation engulfed me.

Why the hell am I hesitating?

I left a sigh and touched his feet to which he jumped off.He didn't expect that.I touched the hand with which I touched his feet,to my head and stood up.I looked at everyone and sensed the shocked look on everyone's face. May be no one was expecting me to touch Barrister Babu's feet.

"Pranam aur inaam sabka prapya nahi hota."Thakumaa said in her usual taunting way.

"Jhooth bolu to jaan le lo meri,lekin ek naukar ke paer chuna sobha deta hain kya tujhe Bondita?"Rimjhim said in disbelief,defending Thakumaa.

"Barrister Babu naukar hain ya Malik, ussey mujhe koyi fark nahi padhta. Woh mere Shikshak Babu hain,aur jaise ek Maa ki ashirvaad ke bina ek bacchi ka kaam safal nahi hota,waise hi mere Shikshak Babu ke ashirvaad ke bina,unke shishya Bondita ka kaam safal nahi ho payega."I said and rolled my eyes to Barrister Babu who gave a soft smile and placed his protective hand on my head.

I smiled back at him and everyone present there and ignoring Thakumaa and Rimjhim Kaki's intense gaze on me,I went out holding the bag hanging on my shoulder with one hand.

•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•°•

Sitting on the bench outside the office, I was continuously bitting my nails.I was waiting for two hours but the officer still did not call me inside. How much will I have to wait? If their time is valuable then mine too.Giving a sigh to my own self I tried no to loose my patience.If I loose my patience at the first step,how shall I proceed further?

I waited there for ten more minutes before calling a staff.As soon as the staff came I asked him politely,"When shall I meet the officer?"

"Sir have left an hour ago."The staff told me and went away without bothering about my confused face.