Going against Wills

Bondita's POV

The sun that tinted the sky in its warm and lustrous orange hue,is  peeking through the fluffy white clouds.The blue sky and the warm weather gave the environment a touch of autumn and the arrival of my Dugga Maa.Only a month is left before the arrival of Dugga Maa.How can I not be excited?

But besides,I had a tention too.It has been four days since I have met that Britisher.And there is still no news of the land that I wanted to purchase. Will I even get it?

While thinking all these,I felt something tasteless and hard in my mouth.Ufff!! That's the pencil I have been chewing all this while.I have somehow developed a habit of chewing pencils unnecessarily.

I removed the pencil,of which I have almost chewed the half,from my mouth and keeping the pencil in its box closed it and went dowstairs.

Everyone was in the hall,doing their respective works.My foot steps alerted everyone and they shared an awkard glance with me.I don't think they were expecting my presence over here.My gaze roamed to everyone who averted their gaze away from me,two of them in disinterest and my Maa as there is nothing new in me,and finally halted in Barrister Babu's direction.

He had as always busied himself in his work,which was today cleaning the floor.Will he work under Thakumaa as a servant in our house till his last breath?Because I am not going to go back to his house in Tulsipur.

Suddenly the bell rang.Who must have come?I hurriedly went to open the door and opening it saw the post man.

"Bondita Das hain?"Enquired the Post Man.

"Haan main hi hun Bondita Das."I said with a smile.The Post Man forwarded a letter to me and went away.I glanced at the letter for a moment before opening it.

As soon as my eyes read the letter,my mouth widened and feet stumbled. The letter read that the land I wanted to purchase was already sold.I clutched the letter tightly,and the paper tore a bit.

I knew this coming.The Britishers are not so easy to deal with.But Bondita never backs off.If she decides to do something,she will do it at any cost, consider it her stubborness or whatever.

I didn't even twitch my face for a moment rather maintained a stern look on my face.If Thakumaa or Ma gets to know that I have failed in my attempt then the former will of course taunt me and the latter will never allow me to take a risk once more at the cost of my respect,even of my life.

But a fear of being unable to fulfil my dream,grasped me.A gush of mixed emotions engulfed me.What shall I do?Should I be angry on that Britisher?But what will happen if I show them my anger?Will they change their decision.Never!!

And what will happen if I cry?Can I ever achieve my dream just by crying?No!!I need to fight,for not only mine but all the women's rights and give them what they truly deserve.

And I will do that.I can not fall weak for weakness is our greatest enemy. And I will show my enemy for now, the Britishers,that I do not fear them.

When I turned back to have a look on all present there,I saw everyone was already gone except Barrister Babu. And I needed him.Without showing my tensed face to Barrister Babu,I silently went to him before dragging him to my room,without bothering to answer to his questions.

Anirudh's POV

Bondita,suddenly held my hand in a tight grip with her fists,to my surprise,and dragged me upstairs, towards her room.

"Kaha le jaa rahe ho mujhe Bondita?"I asked which she didn't pay any attention to.

I and she entered the room while I had been dragged all the way,and she closed the door which seemed to me that she was trying not to make any sound.