18

A/N: How do you expect this story to end? Is it a happy ending or a tragic one? Let me know.

"Please get out of here." Adiline pleaded while clicking her heels on the floor. Maki silently commented about Adiline wearing heels while she's in the house, and she was wearing casual clothes. I did not see anything wrong with it, and I guess that's because I'm used to her modern style. I think she called it 'LA girl' style, or something related to LA.

Maki and I eyed each other as we sat down on the chair, plates were already in front of us. I gave her an I-don't-want-to-eat-here look and she must've received my message immediately as she stood up and tried to excuse herself to take my bag and hers. I'd prefer to eat outside than to eat here with them, but then, Ghaun put rice on my plate, causing the both of us, girls, to be shocked.

"Don't you like rice?" He asked as if he was doubting my preference. How did he even know? I eyed him, shifting uncomfortably on my chair. "I do but—"

Adiline kicked my legs below which caused me to groan in pain so suddenly. "I'm sorry," I apologized, uttering it with almost no sound as I massaged my legs. It would've been less painful if my jumpsuit was thick, but it wasn't.

Ghaun seemed to notice it since he let out a soft sarcastic smile at me. They both look so good together, really. So good that I want to punch them both. I carefully placed my legs to my side, to avoid bumping my legs with Ghaun's. Before he could say something about it, Maki had already arrived.

"Miss Adiline," Maki nodded at her before stepping aside to give a little less of a bow. I let out a scoff as I heard Ghaun scoffing on my way. "You could've greeted, nicely, miss stranger." I heard Ghaun shouted from across the living room. I managed to let out a soft laugh before Maki noticed it. 

While Maki was driving the car, I was at the back looking at the notes I wrote today. I've been carrying a journal with me because someone might take this from my room if I leave it there. Adiline was caught by Maki going in and out of my room at night. 

"You should stay away from Ghaun, Adesina. He's not a good guy. Don't be influenced by him, okay?" Both my brows met each other when I heard what Maki said to me. She meant it for my sake, and I understand her. 

But it's not like I'll let him influence me, right? Right? 

I don't know. I'm not even sure about that. 

A voice whispered in my ear and it kept telling me that I'm not even listening to my own self. What the heck is happening to me? This must be Ghaun's doing.

But that's the problem. As soon as Maki warned me about Ghaun, I couldn't stop thinking about him. And the fact that I was with him after I had the appointment, today. He was with me for the whole day since Adiline went through some monthly check-ups and she was required to stay in the hospital.

"Adesina will be with you?!" I could hear the anger in Adiline's voice. Do I look like I have a choice, sister? If I had, I would've been somewhere, just far from this guy. 

"I don't have a choice."

"I don't have a choice." I glared at him and he stared at me as I was weird and acting strange. Yeah, why am I so pressed? Why am I acting like this anyway? 

"Adesina! Do you hear me?! Don't you dare disobey me, Adesina Violette! I am still your older sister." Ghaun took the phone away from his ears and instantly passed it to me. We both were suffocating from Adiline's wrath. So, I ended the call so we wouldn't suffocate.