9

Since I cannot avail the dedication button here in Wattpad, I'm just going to tag it here.

sabhyataz

A simple thank you for taking your minutes to read every chapter of this story 💜💜💜.

I'm hoping to finish this book with you.

Happy reading!

_____________________________

When I awoke, I saw my father and my brother sitting in front of me. Axdrell was staring blankly through my eyes while my father was—I believe— searching for something else that he could use as a proof that I am sick. My thoughts went to the bluish marks that I've been getting, but then again, I remembered that if I act weak, they might do me more harm. Adiline needed a healthy Adesina. Unfortunately, I'm sick. These bluish marks are nothing, anyway. I don't have it anymore. It kinda disappeared, much to my joy.

"I tell you, father. I am fine," I compromised. I wasn't sure about it but I had to say it. I'm still upset because of him. I think I needed time to think and have a heart-to-heart talk with myself. Axdrell here was suspecting me that I was hiding something. He was a doctor after all. He ought to check his patient.

"Father, you won't believe her, will you?" He looked at me as if he's in disbelief. "Tell me, have you vomited?" I found his question weird. Why did I have to do with vomiting? Well, I'm not a doctor so I wouldn't know the answer.

"No," I answered truthfully. What's with the vomit? I'm clueless.

"Boyfriend?" What did he mean by boyfriend? Like a boy who's a friend? "Do you have a boyfriend?"

"I have, a lot." The three of them, including Maki, shot their eyes and gasped. My father even pointed at me then back to my brother. They're definitely in disbelief. What's wrong with having a lot of boyfriend? Isn't it normal?

Axdrell's face suddenly became ugly as his anger started to rise. I don't even know why—oh. Does he mean about the boyfriend—like romantic boyfriend?

"Madam, if I may interfere, a boyfriend is someone who you share a romantic relationship with. There is label, that is why it's boyfriend and girlfriend." I think she emphasized label but I didn't hear it quite well.

"No, no, no. I have friends that are boys or rather, growing up to be men." Father made a sigh of relief while my brother adjusted to what I just said. "So that's what it is," I heard my father whispered to himself.

I wish there was a joke I could enter so I could disappear here. Oh, I should've wished for that when I got here.

"You should have made yourself clear, sister. I was about to have a tantrum. You are not to have a boyfriend, okay? It's good that you don't have one." He was right. I'm not allowed to have a boyfriend. I think I remember what Mama Tri have had said to me when I was younger.

"Teens of your age are experiencing sweet events. I wish for you to experience it yourself, but then again, you are too innocent for this world, and I intend to protect you. Your mother forbids you, you know. If she knows someone is courting you, she'd stop providing money,"

"Manligaw, mama?" I asked since she was speaking Bisaya.

"Yes, every ladies and women in our town experience panliligaw. It's when a gentleman asks for her permission to he wooed. He'd usually sing songs outside her house with a guitar on his arms, and with companions to help him convince the lady. That is called 'Harana'. Others may send letters and flowers and even take them to places."