26 - END

Trinidad's POV

"Where is everyone?!" I shouted while tapping the floor with my baton. Today was a relished day for my children, Vette and Gino. Spring season came, and their set date, the 15th of April also came along. A perfect season for lovers of spring.

I needed this to be perfect. 15th of April was the day the two kids met each other and instantly got fond of each other years ago.

"We are just here, Mama. Now, where do I put this?" Adiline said while caressing her stomach. My, I kept on telling this child to not carry heavy weights yet she won't listen. Thankfully, her fiancé helped her.

A month ago, Adiline challenged herself to be braver. She surprised us with a small gift, hoping she won't get any horrible comments from her family, but as blessed as she is, she received heart-warming responses. Now, her parents were keen on giving her every best they could for her. A warm environment was all she need, and they are slowly learning to produce and treasure that.

"Mama, we will take care of this. Best if you go and visit Adesina. She needs you. Oh, and don't forget to visit Gino too. He seems to be a lot nervous." I hurried my way to Adesina's room once Ghaun finished talking. This boy may look unfriendly, but he's warm and respectful, caring to the elderly.

My beautiful girl already wore her fitted wedding dress. This dress was specially made for her by Axtell and his friends. The veil hung low to make her look like a goddess walking on the aisle later on. Strips of her hair hung while the rest were kept on a low bun. She wore butterfly glass heels, a favor from Adiline and Adelee. My girl looked perfect. Good Lord, this is the day we've been looking forward to. God bless her!

"Oh, Mama! I'm getting married..." she sobbed on my chest, holding me tightly. I rubbed her back, chuckling. She's acting like a child, and I wished she would just stay like one for the rest of her life, but that would be cruel of me.

"Oh you're growing...my baby girl...grew into a fine lady. Must be the best thing I did," I showered her with kisses, in hopes of stopping her from crying, but she kept on. She was once a child and now turned into this. There's nothing I could do to keep her child-like. I missed the baby girl I took care of fifteen years ago. 

"I remember the first time you went to school, with your schoolbag in hand. The morning kisses filled with too many giggles and your precious jet black hair flowing down the floor, flying whenever you run." I stopped to look at her who was reminiscing our old times. "I remember your first time tending the chickens, and how you scream so loud when the mother hen chased you. And Bean, she was your first animal friend whom you'd hang around with along the river." 

"Mama, you're making me miss Bohol so much," she complained, wiping off her tears.  "I just...you've grown, and I am so proud of you that I keep on repeating it. I know you and Gino will have a house here, but come and visit me in Bohol, okay?" 

She pouted before wailing once again. I laughed before hugging her, swaying our hips together. I missed these moments. She may not be my child by birth, but she will always be my child by heart. "Vette, it's time to put on your makeup." Adelee knocked on the door, softly breaking our silence. She smiled at me before looking at her sister. Adiline was carrying the camera I gave to her. Best if she uses it now. 

"My darling girl, it is fine. All is well through Christ. Don't forget to pray. I need to check Gino. Besides, you have your sisters to attend to your needs right now. Be good," with that, I gave her a kiss and walked outside her room.  

Ghaun walked by, and when he saw me, he ran towards me to hand me a handkerchief. I did not know I was weeping while walking. He was mumbling something about a gloomy time and questioned if a wedding was supposed to be filled with tears. He walked me where Gino was, and we found him on his knees, facing the window, with a Bible in front of him, and his hands were extended. A good Christian man would pray and offer their own wedding to His God.