2

I thought I would be able to voice out those words but those were just a scene I created in my mind. In reality, I was still staring at Mama. I was still sitting straightly, staring at the woman before me.

"I'll agree, Mama..." I was about to say something but my conscience was telling me to keep it within me, so I stood up and bowed at her.

"I'll go now, Mama." She nodded at me before sitting back at her chair while I slowly went away. She just hold that much title. She was strict, from her name, Mama. Four letter word, but is stronger and with deeper thoughts, ten fold.

I was about to open the door to my room when I heard whispers coming from the right end corner of the hall. I was at the right end of the hall where my room was located so it was strange for me to hear whispers at this time.

Dinner starts exactly 6 in the evening. We are to be given one hour after dinner to finish the daily chores and by quarter to 8, we should all be ready for bed. We strictly follow those simple rules as time management was essential.

I didn't have the chance to even voice out a little 'hello' as I tried to follow the direction of the voices. It was familiar. I was staring at the wall with shadows. Even the shadows were familiar.

As I near them, I could now hear their conversations. I quickly walked towards them and faced them. "Betty? Sage? What are you two doing here?"

They were holding a music book and a flute. "Practice?" I asked, my voice so soft. I felt like squealing but I don't know why. They nodded before quietly reading the lyrics. They're practicing, at this hour?

"Practice is over, guys. Mama is checking your bedrooms. Hurry, we have classes tomorrow," I kissed their heads before slightly pushing them away. They sadly walked away before they kissed both my cheeks.

And I thought ghosts were real. Those stories, they're making me so curious. I shouldn't think about those stories. It's a hassle and a waste of time.

As soon as I hit the hay, the night fastly passed by as if it was only five minutes ago, I started drifting off. Mama's instrumental music was heard through the small tubes.

Music that I've heard were almost all instrumental. We compose lyrics all the time but we prefer listening to instruments. It was medicine for our ears. It makes us productive, plus, it's the vibe of old souls and old times for me.

"Good morning, manang," I greeted one of the laundry woman. She was assigned to take my used clothes for them to wash it. I had it ready already for her. I placed it nearly on the laundry basket near my door.

"Good morning hija. Charming as always. The water was cold, eh?" she asked with a bisaya accent.

"Yes po but it helped me regain my consciousness. Cold water makes me alive, manang. Thank you, manang," I told her before hugging her and sending her outside.

I looked at myself and examined my dress. It was a pale blue cotton sundresses. They say, I look good in bestida. Bestida is what we call it. It was nice since the weather was cloudy but I could still see the blue sky.

Right after breakfast, I was sent to the school by our driver. We have few old cars to use. Mama kept those in our garage which was a little far from our Manor since the side field of our Manor was all green grass. I don't know anything about cars but this one was from 1937. Mama said it was a 1937 Packard when Camplice asked but since we didn't know what's a Packard, we did not ask anything else.

We were learning about the History of the Philippines during the 333 years of Spanish Colonization and then later on would be the American colonization and Japanese invasion. I got a long road ahead of me when it comes to History. History was something we all Filipinos should know and learn about. Without our history, we wouldn't know why we're like this in the present time.