CHAPTER 1

In a small town called Positano, a cliffside village in Italy, I sat at Caffe Positano with my eyes glued to my laptop screen. I was just waiting for the transaction to complete and then I would be on my way to Ecuador, to my humble home, away from chaotic and overcrowded places. I sat back because the signal was poor, so it took long for the transaction to be complete.

If Positano wasn’t crowded like this, I wouldn’t mind staying here. The fact that you get the ocean view on any part of the city and just how welcoming the people are would definitely make me think twice about not moving here. The waiter came to my table with a smile on her face and she placed my order before me. I shifted my laptop to the side.

“Polpo arrosto su passatina di ceci. Your bottle of wine will be here shortly.” I smiled.
“Grazie (thank you).” she walked away. Who knew that a whole Zulu princess would be eating a grilled octopus? I am sure my people would think I have completely lost it.

I took a glance at the transaction one more time. Only 5 minutes was left before it was going to be complete. I started devouring my meal. It tasted so good. The waitress brought the bottle of wine and poured a glass and then walked away, leaving the bottle in my table. In other countries I preferred Lubelihle Wines but whenever I was in Italy, I preferred Lambrusco which is from Emilla-Romagna.

I continued enjoying my meal while downing this nice and expensive wine. If I was in America, I would’ve hacked the restaurant and falsely made my payment but sometimes you gotta live legally. Plus I loved this town, so I didn’t wanna rob its citizens or hardworking entrepreneurs. The transaction was finally complete. I closed my laptop and placed it on my bag.

While enjoying my meal peacefully, someone who I wasn’t expecting to see here walked in. it was clear as day light that he was here for me. Meaning he was about to accuse me of a cybercrime. I chuckled and sat back as he made himself comfortable in the chair opposite mine. A waitress was beside him within a few moments. He ordered some chicken dish and said he will drink from my wine so the waitress had to bring him a glass. I saw my guards stand but one look they fell back.

“Enjoying my money, I see.” I laughed and rolled my eyes.
“I am enjoying my own money. In fact I am in a vacation and now you are invading my personal space. Can I finish my lunch in peace?” I answered but I didn’t wait for a response. I just continued eating.

“You come to Italy out of nowhere and suddenly an amount of $200 000 disappears from my account. The same amount which I took from one of my business associate. Now tell me, how much of a coincidence that is?” he tilted his head to the side and stared at me. I wiped my mouth with a serviette and placed it on the table.

“If there were awards for the best hacker in the world, I would win every frickin year because I am good at what I do. I am not sloppy and I don’t leave behind trails that might lead to me unless I want to. I am sorry for someone hacking you and robbing me but if it were me, I would’ve left you bankrupt. My sincere apologies your Majesty.”

“I don’t buy this innocent act you’re displaying. So tell me how much of a coincidence it is that we are in the same town at the same time.” I shrugged and took a sip of the tasty wine.

“Fate, destiny, whatever that makes you sleep at night. Now can I please finish my lunch in peace?” his nostrils flared and he looked like he wanted to smash my head on the table. He looked very frustrated. Like someone who just hit a dead end and didn’t know where to go. I sighed and looked straight into his eyes. “I can find out who did it but you know how expensive my services are.” He looked at me and took my glass. He downed its contents and poured himself some more wine. “Hey, drinking on an empty stomach isn’t good.”

“How did you know that my stomach was empty?”
“When was the last time you ate?” I challenged him and he chuckled. He took my plate and started digging in. “Hey! I didn’t say you can take my food. You had to wait for yours.” He shrugged and continued feasting on my food. “Who would’ve thought? A prince from the Zulu nation eating octopus?” he stopped eating and looked at me. “What?” I said as I fixed my specs.

“Don’t you ever take them off?”
“That’s none of your business.” The waitress came back with his order. When she saw him eating my food, she stood there confused for a while. I took her out of her misery and took the plate from her. She placed the empty wine glass on the table and walked away.

“Don’t eat my food.”
“Not your call.” I started eating his food. It was really chili. I poured some wine and drank just for the hotness to subside. He laughed and finished eating my food.

“You have low tolerance of chili. One of the facts I know about you.” I rolled my eyes and continued eating his food. My phone beeped. It was a message from my one of my guards who was at the airport. She was informing me about my flight which was in an hour. I stopped eating and packed my iPad in my backpack. “And then?”
“I don’t know if you’re ignorant or what, but I don’t stay here. My flight is in an hour. So I have to dash.”

“I don’t mind accommodating you in my private jet. After all you promised to help me catch the person who robbed me.” I stood up and my guards also stood up. I signaled the waiter to come to me. She came with my bill. I took out some cash and settled it. I then turned to my uninvited companion.

“I don’t do rushed jobs. If you want my help, you will contact me and then we settle the payments before I can even begin helping you. See you around Prince Zenzozendoda.” I smiled at him and walked out of the restaurant. I knew that wasn’t the last time I was seeing him. My gut told me that I will be seeing more of him in the future and damn it was so accurate.
.
.
.
#ClassicLoveStory
#MissChubbySeries